Chapter 75: Getting Older

Lucky's pov

"Mama mama mama" I woke up to the baby monitor going off. Looking at the camera in his room Gio standing in his crib ready to cry. "I'll get him" Athena gets out of bed quickly going to brush her teeth. The camera is good to see when he wakes up and just to make sure he's safe when he's sleeping as well.

One time we checked him before we went to sleep and he was facing down. Thankfully we checked and flipped him to his back. We had one in Luciano's room but took it out recently. We just make sure the one's around the house are on incase he wakes up at night.

A cool draft comes through the house. I make sure all the windows are closed before turning up the thermostat. I go into Giovanni's room standing at the door frame watching Athena play with him. Luciano's door opens and he comes out of his room yawning, rubbing his face. "Morning bud" He looks around, finally matching the face to the voice. "Daddy" He motions for me to pick him up

"Let's go brush your teeth" I take him to his bathroom, setting him on his step stool. He brushes his hair out, his face groaning when it doesn't move. Handing him the toothbrush he moves it around his mouth only spreading it. Progress I guess before he would just stare at it and then me. I take it from him cleaning his teeth better than what he did.

When we were done in the bathroom I picked him up, setting him on my hip walking back to Gio's room. Santo leans on the door frame drinking a cup of coffee. Athena still plays with Gio. I don't think he cares about anyone or anything else other than her. "Alright my love let's go get your brothers up" She takes him out of the crib putting him on her hip. "Or they were just waiting for you" Gio holds arm tightly resting his head on her shoulder.

"Looks like the birthday boy only wants to be with his mom today" Santo ruffles his hair. Gio pays him no mind holding onto Athena even tighter. "Daddy I'm hungry" Luciano says mumbling the words pointing to the kitchen, starting to get cranky. Athena's already inside starting to make food with Gio still holding her. I sat Lucinao down going over to help her.

"Hello, where are my children?" Adriano yells when he opens the door. Mia walks in behind him holding Federico, Adriano holds Damiano, Gabriele just walks to the kitchen sitting down next to Luciano. "Adriano do you have to do that everytime you come inside?" Athena rolls her eyes, continuing to make breakfast.

"I'm here with gifts" Rory comes in holding many bags in her hand. Santo takes them looking through them shaking his head "Rory there 1 not 12 there going to outgrow these things in less than  year" He groans taking out many clothes.

"This bag is for Gio and this bag is for Rico" She hands Mia one, putting the other one on the table. "Oh my god these are so cute" Mia gushes over the new clothes she sees.

"Go sit baby I got the rest of this" I tell Athena kissing her cheek. She doesn't argue sitting in between Rory and Mia. The three of them start going through the many clothes that are in the bags. "My wife has been officially taken from me" Santo groans, getting another cup of coffee.

"Welcome to my world once Gio gets up it's over he's at Athena's hip. When she's at the warehouse if he can't see her he's crying until she goes to him. The only time she can train with him not there is when he's sleeping or two busy with Federico." Santo just laughs. I finish the rest of the food by shutting off the stove.

Santo and Adriano help me bring the food to the table. I picked up Luciano who fell asleep on the island. "Wake up bud the food's done" He grogly groans rubbing his eyes again. I hand him his small cup of juice he holds while drinking it.

Athena fixes Gio so he's on her lap. She sits next to me still talking to Mia who holds Federico. "I think you both planned this" Adriano points to them then to the kids. "You always talked about having kids on the same day or days apart now look a you" They both look at each other