Chapter 5

The Yoshiwara red-light district. The night district where lust and charms or men and woman swirl in a storm of love and hate.

The red light district is named the flower district because the name implies the part of the city that's shaped like a flower. The prostitutes living here were either living in poverty or sold out due to loans. They bear a lot of hardship. But in exchange, they are guaranteed the necessities of life.

If they can make their way up as prostitutes, they could potentially become part of a wealthy household by being bought out.

The most prominent among them, the Oiran are entirely different altogether. They are unique women who have acquired everything: Beauty, Education, Performance.

You can't meet high-ranking Oiran to gain an audience with them. Men would frequently visit the red light district as if they were competing with each other.

"One should be okay," an old woman said.

"Then I will entrust one to you," Uzui replied polity, "Sorry, ma'am."

"Then we'll take the one on the right," the grandma said, "she seems so honest ."

"I'll work as hard as I can," Nezuma (Nezuko) said in a satisfied voice.

That was how Nezuma got hired.

It was only Uzui with his clean face hair down and plain outfit with Kanao dressed up with makeup.

"It looks like the 'Oiran Parade' had started," Uzui said, "It's' Koinatsu Oiran from the 'Tokito house. The high-test ranked prostitute is going to greet one of her customers. In any case, she's flamboyant. She has a bunch of people following her."

"Please don't tell me that pretty lady is one of your wives," Kanao said in her usual cold, emotionless voice.

"She's not my wife!" Uzui shouted, about to punch her in the head but hold himself back, "You'll tell because their names are on the 'list'!"

"Excuse me, sir," a woman with narrow eyes interrupted, "I'd like to take this girl in. I'm part of the 'Ogimoto House', and my eyes don't deceive me."

Uzui quickly 'brighten' up his personality, "Oh, you're from the Ogimoto house! Well, thanks for your patronage!" Uzui said, sending Kanao along with the woman, "Be well Kanako---"

I guess I'm going to have to spy on the 3rd house.

*

"How's this!!"

"Kyaaaah, incredible!!"

2 women working for the Ogimoto house said after taking to makeup off Kanako.

"Her face was painted so weirdly, but this is what she's like when it comes off!!"

"We struck gold! We got this beauty for cheap!!"

"I'm going to educate her hard," the woman with narrow eyes said, pulling up her sleeves, "She's gonna be popular than the Kyougoku house's 'Warabihime' and the Tokito house's 'Koinatsu'!"

"But, isn't this girl stiff for some reason?"

"A soft and fleshy girl would be so much better!"

"She's more stiff than plump though..."

The 2 staff talk back in forth, leading Kanako somewhere else in the building.

*

"Nezuma-chan, could you carry some of that over?" Asked an elderly-looking woman, "we don't seem to have enough helpers..."