Chapter 38

Zentisu smirked, "It depends on what the answer is."

"I'll be honest with you since we've been partners for hundreds of years," Tanjiro replied, "I simply put my own twist to it."

"Of course, but that doesn't answer my question. What did you put in it?"

Tanjiro took a seat on the floor with a groan, "I don't know, I forgot since I'm not good with names but it has something to do with their strength weakening. Something like that."

"Once they take the medicine, their strength weakens?" Zentisu repeated, now him looking down at Tanjiro and a gleeful expression plastered on his face.

"Yes, when they take the medicine, it's supposed to strengthen them explosively but that not gonna happen since I put that thing in. It dulls the effect you can say," Tanjiro clarifies, "and please stop looking at me like that, it makes your face look very punchable right now."

Zentisu let out a gleeful giggle, "Alright, alright, I need to get going now and just hope that what's happening in the village is going as you plan."

"It is, speaking of the village, it's taking quite a long time, feels like forever," Tanjiro commented.

"You must be getting bored," Zentisu replied, getting up from the chair, "Not like you can do anything since the time here is quite different."

Tanjiro let out a groan once again, "Stop stating the obvious, it slows time down faster."

Tanjiro expected a reply which didn't come, "Zentisu?"

"You're planning on taking over the demon race aren't you? That's why you put that strength weakening in that medicine. You don't think you'll be able to take on those demons after they got the medicine," Zentisu suddenly said.

In a low unfit voice, Zentisu continued, "Let me tell you a little something."

*

Feeling the sense of being watched, Kokushibo became wary and from the corner of his eyes, he saw the silhouette of someone familiar.

Yoruichi?! What is he doing here? Kokushibo suddenly displaced a shocked face, sweat rolling down his cheek as he took a gulp of his own spit. No, he died. I saw him die with my own eyes. Kokushibo shook his head to get rid of his thought.

Muzan seeing Kokushibo shaking his head suddenly got angered, "What are you shaking your head for? Are you disagreeing with me?!"

"W-what? N-no," Kokushibo stuttered in confusion, "I just thought that I saw someone. I agree with what you're saying."

Is this some sort of side effect? I didn't experience any side effects though. I'll have to check the medicine again to make sure or I could ask Tanjiro. Muzan let out a sigh. Can I even trust him at this point? Since he also carries my blood, he's bonded to crave power.

"What are you planning on doing now since you have achieved your goal?" Kokushibo asked.

Muzan replied, "I've never had just one goal. My other goal is to destroy the demon slayer crops. I might turn some of them into demons like you. Since they have more power than regular human beings, their bond is to become stronger demons. But before I could do that, I need to give the medicine to the uppermoons."

Muzan sensing something off glanced at Kokushibo again.

Kokushibo was clenching his teeth and looked uneasy.

"Is something wrong?"

"Muzan-sama, I'm sorry but I'm very hungry."

"You can go hunting but I'll tell you something," Muzan said, "You can't just eat anyone. Since you have already taken the medicine. You'll crave more powerful hu-"

Kokushibo's confusion turned that into fear.

Dark energy was seeping out from Muzan as his face displayed displeasure. He start gritting his teeth as veins were now visible on his forehead, neck, and around his mouth.

*

"What?" The male tightened his grip on his sword.

"What do you mean what?" Inosuke questioned, a wicked smile slowly creeping to his face, "You're the half-demon  older brother who became a demon after eating parts of demons."

"Stop speaking nonsense." The male became physically agitated, his teeth clench, and his body stiffed.

"If you can't tell which race your brother is then is it safe to assume your younger brother isn't your brother anymore?" Inosuke stood up, and let out a sigh, "Well I can be his only brother left then."

"What..." The male changed his stance, "What do you mean"

Inosuke let out a hearty laugh, "I mean you– our brother already sees me as his brother. Couldn't even kill me when he got the chance."

"He isn't your brother."

"Well, he shouldn't be yours either but you two are still brothers." Genya sheathed the sword he chipped away, "We are just brothers from different mothers."

"You turned my mother into a demon."

"AND you killed your mother. No matter how hard you try to deny we are still brothers and I won't hesitate to kill you for what you've done."

The male charged toward Inosuke, his sword tucked near his body.

Inosuke stood up while releasing a sigh, "I didn't want to go this far, brother."

––

AN- Hello, I'm back and thanks for your many concerns. I've been in a rough patch but thanks to the help of my friend Zen, we got through it together. This chapter probably wasn't the best because I wanted to get this chapter out there and inform you that I'm doing well. I've done a lot of writing so my writing style may change. Also although it's like the 2nd semester already I just want to tell yall that I got into my dream high school. It may not be a big deal but this school is very high up there in the ranks. Again thank you for your concern and I'm doing well, better than when I started writing this story. I was asked multiple times IRL if I had finished this story. I'm trying to complete my own wish by finishing it!! Thank you to those who have waited!!