Chapter 23

Rengoku stood silent for a moment, "Either, I'll save Kamado and not turn into a demon." (not sure on how to word it into Rengokus' personality)

"RENGOKU!" Nezuko suddenly yelled, groaning, feeling the pain in her throat, "You can't, he's the demon I mention in the meeting!"

"Oh.....? You guys had a meeting regrading me? I feel honored!" Tanjiro said in a happy tone, giving off a wide smile, "C'mon ren-... Rengoku, you really think you can beat me? You're having trouble fighting with Akaza alrighty."

"Since you have decline my offer, we have no choice but to kill you off," Tanjiro sickly smiled, pulling Nezuko close to him.

Tanjiro turned towards Akaza, "You may continue the fight." Tanjiro vanished off along with Nezuko.

Tanjiro appeared on top the wrecked train, seating criss-cross. Tanjiro position Nezuko into a seating position inside his lap.

"I wished I had some bodies to snack on," Tanjiro said out loud, "It be nice to snack on something watching a fight, right?"

After a few minute of both on them watching the fight, a demon appeared beside Tanjiro, "What's going on here?"

"Oh hey Zenitsu!" Tanjiro greeted, "We're just witnessing a fight between a hiashira and Akaza."

Zenitsu looked up at the 2 fighting and looked around, "I can see that... what's with the train?"

Tanjiro giggled, creasing Nezuko's head, "I decided that we should go hunting. Me, Akaza, and Enmu. We want along with Enmu's hunting because I thought it be interesting and it is! How's Inosuke?"

"Inosuke is fine. He's having a duel with upper moon 1... I think his name was Ko... Kokushibo. Yeah, fighting with Kokushibo," replied Zenitsu, "Who's the lady? You're meal?"

"Huh? You mean her?" Tanjiro said, eyeing Nezuko.

Zenitsu nodded.

"Oh no, she's not my meal. She's far more important to be eaten!" Tanjiro exclaimed, "She's gonna be a key to my plan!"

"The plan you mention that'll kill off all the demon hunters?" Zenitsu asked.

*

"Don't die on me, Kyoujuro." Akaza said, blood coming out of the slash in his chest that Rengoku hanged to inflict.

Rengoku was panting heavily, blood pouring down his forehead.

"Even if you fight with the intention of saving the human, it's all pointless, Kyoujurou. The wonderful slashes which you attacked me with have already completely healed," Akaza exclaimed, his wounds healing up.

"But how about you? Your left eye is smashed, your ribs are broken, and your organs are wounded. You can't recover from any of this anymore," Akaza stated, "If you were a demon, you would be cured in the blink of an eye. If you were a demon, this would just a scratch. If you were a demon, you can save that human! No matter how much you struggle, humans can't beat demons."

Rengoku, lifted his sword, up over his shoulders, "I will fulfill my duties!! I won't let Kamado die!!"

Rengoku got into a stance, one he never done before and exchange his will of fighting.

"WHAT A WONDERFUL FIGHTING SPIRT!!" Akaza shouted, "YOU HAVE SO MANY WOUNDS, YET YOUR DRIVE, YOUR FORTITUDE AND YOUR STANCE HAS NO OPENINGS!! YOU REALLY SHOULD BECOME A DEMON, KYOUJUROU!! LET'S CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR ALL ETERNITY!!"

Technique Deployment: Ninth Style: Purgatory: Destructive kill: Obliteration style

Akaza leapt forward with amazing force that the cloud of dust and dirt flew everywhere. Causing the fog of dirt and dust to block the view.

*

"WOW! That's amazing!" Tanjiro yelled.

Nezuko flinch, turning away, shutting her eyes. Afraid of what she will see.

Tanjiro seeing this grabbed her head and forced her to open her eyes by making her cough up blood, "You have to see what happens! You can't missed out on the good part!"

"Tanjiro, don't you think that's a bit too far fetch?" Zenitsu asked, still standing.

"Umm... no. I don't think so," replied Tanjiro, "Look! The dust is clearing up!!"

The dust cleared, revealing Akaza's arm plumped into Rengoku stomach and coming out the other side.

Akaza yelled something that was inaudible to the human and Tanjiro but with Zenitsus' hearing, he was able to hear everything.

Zenitsu giggled, "It seems that Akaza really likes this hashira."

"Hm?" Tanjiro hummed in question.

Suddenly, Rengoku put his sword onto Akaza's neck.

"Oh?" Nezuko exclaimed.

"What a comeback! I would love for him to become a demon!" Tanjiro said, leaning forward.

Akaza tried punching Rengoku in the face but Rengoku managed to stop Akaza with his left hand, gripping Akaza's hand

"Seems like that hashira still have some strength left!" Tanjiro stated in shock.

Zenitsu felt the warmness of the sun, "Looks like it close to dawn.."

Tanjiro stood up, "Akaza!! Break your arm off!!"

Tanjiro then handed the human to Zenitsu, "Place the human in front of that dying hashira. I'm going to help Emnu out."

Zenitsu sighed but nodded.

Akaza broke off both is hand while jumped up, he quickly retreated to the forest, hiding from the sun.

Zenitsu placed the wounded human in front of the dying hashira.

"I guess it wasn't a whole hearted threat, they just wanted me to become a demon," Rengoku smiled.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help you.." Nezuko said with tears flowing down her face.

"It's alright, let's have a final chat."

Nezuko sat up.

"I just remembered some things when I saw the dreams of my past."

---

AN- Hello!! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!! ❤❤