Chapter 31

"I didn't think you be here," Gyokko quickly stated, knowing that Zenitsu was most likely to kill him if he gets annoyed.

Zentisu sends a cold glare to Gyokko, "I can't change my mind?"

"No, no, no, that's not what I mean," Gyokko quickly shook his head, "You misunderstand me-"

"You're saying I'm wrong?" Zentisu slightly raised his sword towards Gyokko, "I misunderstand?"

Gyokko said silent knowing whatever came out of his mouth won't help him.

"I heard you were planning on destroying this village, so why is it still standing?" Zentisu asked, dropping his sword to his side, tapping the tip on his sword on the dirt ground, "If you're gonna do something, do it right."

Zenitsu quickly slashes the air in a horizontal line, making waves of yellow electricity.

Gyokko quickly tucked back into his pot avoiding the wave but the  2 swordsmen behind Gyokko were unlucky, getting burned to death by the electricity within a second.

What a waste of good masterpieces. Gyokko thought to himself, peaking out of his pot.

"Where's Tanjiro and Inosuke?" Zenitsu asked, putting his sword in its sheath. Wiping the blood off of his cheek.

Gyokko looked up at Zenitsu, "Insokue, I think he wants to the village from the direction he was going, and Tanjiro, he went somewhere to fight a pillar."

"Really?" Zentisu said, looking up at the moon above him, a smirk forming on his face, "I made the right choice to come out here."

*

"You're so fucking boring. I thought you were gonna be at least a bit more entertaining for me to mess with but I guess not," Tanjiro said, sitting on the floor.

The floor painting with the blood of Tokito, "You see, there's a bunch of boring things happening lately and I want to have some fun. That's why I brought you here. I thought that since you were young and are a hashira, I thought you'll have more skill than the average hashira but I misjudged."

Tokito rushed toward Tanjiro, raising his sword.

Tanjiro frowned more as Tokito started coughing up blood and falling down to the ground, blood coming oozing out of his mouth.

"This is a waste of my time. I take back about killing you. You aren't worth it at all." Tanjiro said, standing back up, "Such a fucking waste of time," he whispered under his breath.

*

"I'll let you live if you hang out with me or you can be a full demon, either way, will be good."

"NO WAY! GO TO HELL!" Genya yelled, trying to push Inosuke off of him.

"I've given you a chance to feel accepted. Didn't you see me as an older brother before? Let me tell you one thing, once a human has made a connection with someone, it's hard to break that connection within the heart. You still want to see me as your brother, you want to call me brother again don't you?"

"THAT'S NOT TRUE! WHY WOULD I CALL YOU BROTHER?! I NEVER SEEN YOU AS A BROTHER!" Genya yelled at the top of his lungs.

"If you're so sure, why don't you kill me? You can take that gun of yours and shot the hell out of me," Inosuke grabbed the gun beside Genya, handing it to Genya, "Go ahead, fucking kill me."

Genya pointed the gun at Inosuke's neck, swallowing down his spit.

Inosuke grinned, staring down at Genya's eyes.

Sweat began to roll down Genya's forehead, his hand began to tremble.

"I killed your mother, didn't I? I ruined your relationship with your brother, didn't I?" Inosuke said, cupping Genya's right cheek.

Disgusted traveled down his body, he tightly shut his eye. His trembling hand gripped the gun tightly. His finger pulled the trigger.

"Genya," Inosuke rubbed his thumb onto Genya's cheek, "You missed."

*

Nezuko looked around, "Where's Genya? He was chasing that demon a second ago." Nezuko walked through the forest, pushing the branches away from her face, "I hope he's fine."

Suddenly sensing a familiar demon presence she breaks into a full sprint.

A silhouette of a person soon came into view. He's here! She thought while she began to hide behind bushes and branches.

As soon as the silhouette began to move another silhouette appeared, the same height as the 1st silhouette.

Isn't that the yellow hair demon? Nezuko slowly began to move closer, trying to make as little noise as possible.

*

"Why are you here?" Tanjiro asked Zenitsu.

"Before I answer, what do we do with that hunter over there?" Zenitsu asked, glaring behind Tanjiro.

"Leave her be, she's an important piece of my plan," Tanjiro replied.

"Did something happen? You seem very upset," Zenitsu questioned, averting his attention to Tanjiro.

Tanjiro let out a sigh, "I thought I'll be having fun but now I'm quite disappointed," Tanjiro started, "It was a young hashira, around 14, I think. He was strong for his age but otherwise, he was boring. Although I did find out that the hashira doesn't anything about the demon slayer mark." Tanjiro began walking towards the forest.

"Knowing you, you let him go, right?" Zentisu followed besides Tanjiro.

"No, he won't survive with those injuries. But if he did survive for whatever reason, I don't really care. He's easy to kill anyway."

"Was it really that bad?" Zentisu glanced past Tanjiro's shoulders seeing a similar-looking girl. Isn't that the girl from that train?

"Within 5 minutes the whole room was covered in his blood," Tanjiro fixed his clothing placement, "Zentisu, why don't you try to use your presence detection and find where Inosuke is?"

"I'll try." Zentisu let out a small wave of electricity to the ground, still following Tanjiro, "3'o clock I think. There's another presence though."

Tanjiro sprinted towards the direction Zentisu said Inosuke was, Zentisu quickly followed Tanjiro but not before glancing over and taking a look at Nezuko.

***

AN- Sorry for not uploading last week. I was sick but I'm better now.