Chapter 24

"That demon. The one with the mark on his forehead," Rengoku started, "His earring. I remember seeing those earrings in one of my father's books. You should try to go to my parent's house, the Rengoku House. There should be some notes which the 'Flame Pillars'" of old left behind. My father often read those. There's some record... about the earring and its earring. It may even have the record on those demons."

"That's enough... Rengoku-san.. please stop the bleeding with your breaths," Nezuko said, holding onto her stomach, "Isn't there a way to plug the wound up?"

"There isn't," Rengoku replied, "I'm going to die very soon. I'm gonna talk while I still can, so hear me out."

"I want you to tell my little brother Senjurou, that he should proceed down the path that he thinks is right, as his heart tells him too. Tell my father to take care of his body," Rengoku looked up into Nezuko's eyes, "Live with your chest high. If you get knocked down by your own weakness and cowardice, flame up your heart, grit your teeth, and move forward. Even if you stop in your track and cower, you're not gonna stop the flow of time. Don't be saddened by the fact that we're all reaching the end. Don't worry about me dying here. If you're a pillar, it's natural to become the shield of your juniors. If you're a pillar, you do the same thing as everyone else, no matter who they are. Young buds can't get plucked. Kamado, you have ways to grow and next time, you will become pillars who will support the demon hunters. I believe in you. I truly do."

"I can't just die! Uzui-san already departed this life. W-w-we can't have you departing too," Nezuko managed to say, through sobs escaping her lips.

Rengoku was already dead and there was nothing Nezuko can do about it.

"I hate it... even if I was able to do just a single thing, there was just another thicker wall in front go me. Even though I should've been able to help you out, I still couldn't get to them. It was my fault that you and the passengers pass away. I was useless. I couldn't do anything even when the enemy was right there," Nezuko said to Rengoku but more to herself.

"I couldn't save my own family. I couldn't save Uzui-san. I couldn't save Rengoku-san and the passengers.. how can I call myself a demon slayer?" Nezuko continued to sob and cry.

*

I wish that poisoned dude died too, Tanjiro thought, supporting Enmu up, Things are going to be well in my opinion. I should just keep my guard up. A door appeared below Tanjiro and Enmu, they both fell into the door, landing in a room with a bed.

"I guess that Biwa girl does know everything," Tanjiro said, leading Enmu to the bed.

Tanjiro leads Enmu down onto the bed carefully.

"Jeez," Tanjiro sighed falling back onto his rear, "That was one hell of a night. I felt like I was at a party!"

*

"You're pretty good," Inosuke said, holding Kokushibo's decapitated arm, "You and I have smilier  techniques, don't you think?"

Kokushibo was panting, his arm slowly regenerating starting at the shoulder. 

"It looks like you can project fake presents," Kokushibo said, looking up at Inosuke.

"Yeah, pretty useful to bastards like you," Inosuke sneered, throwing Kokushibo's decapitated arm to the floor, "I had fun spearing with you, even though you nearly lost your life. I apologized."

To think there are demon other than Muzan be stronger than me is unbelievable!  Have they been hiding? Kokushibo stood up, "How long have you been around for?"

Inosuke slid his sword into sheath, "Longer than you, that's for sure."

"Why'd you decided to come out now?"

"I don't know. Tanjiro said we should be hiding and kill from the shadow once we find out there was an organization, demon slayer corps," Inosuke replied, "He just recently said we should off out know cause 'the end of the demon slayer corps' is near." Inosuke rolled his eyes.

"Why did you go into hiding when you're this powerful?"

Inosuke irritably ruffle his hair, "Man, I don't know! Ask Tanjiro!" Inosuke yelled, opening a door that appeared in front on him.

With the new arm, Kokushibo grabbed his sword that was by his feet.

Putting his sword back into it's sheath, "Maybe the future that Muzan-sama wants is coming close. What about the blue spider lily?"

*

"Bastard, asking pointless questions. He should be glad we came out from the shadows," Inosuke whispered under his breath, "If he wasn't an upppermoon, I would've killed him at the spot, irritating me like that. Tch-"

"Inosuke!" Tanjiro called out to Inosuke.

"Hm? What do you want?"

"I know you must be really tried and need some rest but would you like to go to The Swordsmith Village later when Gyokko and Hantengu go?" Tanjiro asked, invading Inosuke's personal space.

Inosuke grabbed Tanjiro's face and pushed him back, causing Tanjiro's nose to break from the grip, "Why should I go, huh?"

"There might be demon slayers there," Tanjiro said, rubbing his broken nose, "Plus, we get to destroy the village that supply the demon slayer's their weapons, making them weak."

"Gonna think about it, and who is that?" Inosuke questioned, pointing to Emnu, "He's weak."

"Oh- That's Emnu," Tanjiro answered, "He make seem weak now but he has a very interesting demon art that I'm invested it."

"Oh? You rarely get excited by demon art. What about it that is so different?" Inosuke said, placing his sword about with the sheath belt on the ground, and lied down.

Tanjiro laughs, "You'll need to figure that out after we find the blue spider lily."

"Speaking about the blue spider lily, didn't you say you find it?"

"I did but sadly they were died," Tanjiro replied, sitting next to Inosuke, "I did figure out when they bloom though. Late summer and early fall. Not your typical plant." Tanjiro gave a small gleeful smile.

"Why don't we make our own demon group?" Tanjiro suggested.