Chapter 32

Seeing the two demons runoff, Nezuko quickly got up to run after them until she heard someone call out for her.

"Nezuko-chan!"

Nezuko looked around trying to find the source.

"Behind you, Nezuko-chan!"

Nezuko looked behind her to find one of the hashiras.

The pink and green haired female came running towards her.

"Mitsuri? What are you doing here?" Nezuko asked, turning her full body towards her.

Mitsuri soon arrived in front of Nezuko, "Hurry... we need...to hurry...the...demons...will...," Mitsuri managed to say between her panting.

"Calm down, Mitsuri-san," Nezuko said, grabbing ahold of Mitsuri. How can she be this out of breath already? Wried things are happening... and I don't think we'll be able to hold up a fight between those demons. "Mitsuri-san, I think we should go back-"

"What?!" Matsuri suddenly screamed, gripping Nezuko's shoulder, "We can't just leave those demons alone! They're gonna continue killing the villagers! If that happens we won't be able to get our swords fixed!"

"I wasn't finished, I highly doubt that the demons just now are aiming for the village but there is a demon who I was searching for. I think we shout target him first. Target the demon who is targetting the village," Nezuko explains.

"But there's also another demon who was attacking the village, a demon with summoning abilities. I don't know where that demon is located. I suggest we split up."

"Good idea."

*

Tokito dropped from the sky into the harsh ground below. He grunted in pain. "Need to... survive.." He managed to say, blood trickling down his forehead.

He started crawling using one arm, the other arm warped around his stomach. The blood staining the ground.

Black dots started appearing at the corner of his eyes as his lung started failing. His breathing became difficult. Many thoughts appeared in his mind but one thought kept popping up. Am I going to die?

Tokito reached a large boulder, propping himself up. A hiss slip past his teeth. Now leaning onto the boulder, he couldn't keep his eyes open anymore.

*

Gyokko dragged the two burned bodies back into his pot.

I don't know if I can make anything out of these burned bodies. Such a waste of good art. Gyokko let out a heavy sigh.

I got to hurry back. Dawn is about to break... what happened to Hantengu?

*

Hantengu stood on the sidelines while witnessing a strange sight.

"Tch," Inosuke spat, standing back up, "Those bastards are moving too quickly!"

Inosuke turned around and stared into Hantengu's eyes. A drop of sweat rolled down Hantengu's forehead.

Inosuke picked Hantengu up, cupping him within his palm.

Inosuke looked back at Genya, "Make sure you're free this midnight. I'm coming to visit you!" Inosuke presented a widely creepy smile.

Inosuke ran towards the two familiar presence while Hantengu hold tightly onto the crease of Inosukes fingers.

After one-two minutes of running, Inosuke stood before Tanjiro and Zentisu.

"You guys move too quickly! I was just about to have fun!" Inosuke immediately complained.

"Save your useless complaining for later," Zentisu rolled his eyes, "What you got there?" Zentisu asked, eyeing Inosuke's hand.

"One of the uppermoon demons I ran into," Inosuke replied opening his hands to reveal Hantengu.

Zentisu apon seeing Hantengu quickly placed a disgusted face on, "I have never once in my life seen such an ugly, disgusting creature before! Why're you holding?!" Zentisu smacked Inosuke's hands with his electricity making Inosuke quickly retrieve his arms, dropping Hantengu.

With a giggle, Tanjiro jumped in, "Now, now, don't bully the poor demon. No matter the looks I'm sure it has a great purpose and ability."

"What great purpose can this thing have? The only purpose this thing can have is-" Before Zentisu could finish, Tanjiro smacked the back of Zentisu's head.

"What the hell?!" Zentisu yelled, "I'm only being truthful!! If it looks this ugly as a demon, I can't imagine what it would look like if it was human!"

Hearing the harsh words, Hantengu began to become a crying mess, clinging onto Inosuke's ankle.

Inosuke may be a demon but all demons aren't that heartless. Inosuke weakness just so happened to be small things. Even before he turned into a demon, he adored small things whether it be an undersized flower, small shoes, or even clothing. As long as it was small, he'll take good care of it.

Zentisu's yells and Tanjiro's giggling fall into death's ears as Inosuke slowly scooped up the small sobbing mess of a demon. Softly patting its head with its thumb.

"Tanjiro, you think Inosuke is okay? He looks like a child," Zentisu whispered to Tanjiro, his face showing a deep concern for the well-being of Inosuke, "It's not like I care!" Zentisu quickly snapped, fixing his expression and his tone.

Tanjiro let out a laugh, "Don't worry, he's fine. Inosuke is quite attached to small things for as long as could remember. Of course, you wouldn't be able to remember since your brain can't even hold simple logic."

"TANJIRO!!" Zentisu yelled, raising his fist that had collected electricity about to smack Tanjiro.

*

Nezuko quickly ran through the forest, opposite where the two familiar demons went. Her breath shook as her speed started to slowly decrease finally coming to a stop. It felt like she had been running in circles for hours now, the recked house nowhere in sight. She dragged her feet walking a couple of steps before grabbing onto the nearest tree for support.

You have to get back up! More villagers are going to die if you don't! Nezuko!! You have to hurry up and keep moving! If you want to become strong you just have to endure it!

Nezuko quickly stood back up on her feet but not before again grabbing onto the tree. She could feel how numb her feet getting but her newfound motivation didn't stop her.

She dragged her feet which became jogging. Jogging turned into running. Running turned to full-on sprinting.

After five-six minutes she came to a stop apon seeing blood leading further into the forest. 

Nezuko found it strange, not because there was blood but it just seemed like blood was just dropped here. No indication of a battle. No scratches of swords mark anywhere. No ruin grass. Undisturbed dirt. It was a strange sight but it seemed that whatever was bleeding had dragged itself. Fingermark on the ground.

Nezuko alarmed quickly followed the trail, hoping that she'll be able to save whoever was bleeding.

Nezuko stopped in front of a boulder. A person sitting at the base of the boulder.

"MUICHIRO-KUN!"

-----