Chapter 37

Muichiro looked at Nezuko, "Leave me here, there's no way I can survive in this state. You need to save the survivors. The Swordsmith village is an important asset to the demon slayer corps -cough cough- If the Swordsmith village fall, there's no way that the demon slayer corps will manage to survive."

"Shut it!" Nezuko shouted, "Muichiro, you just need to hold on a little bit longer, you can still survive-"

Nezuko was cut off by the sound of footsteps getting closer and the snapping sound of branches.

Being overwhelmed, Nezuko couldn't fully think start and couldn't sense if the person or people coming toward them were demons are human but it was better safe than sorry.

Nezuko stood up in between the forest and Muichiro, taking out her sword and ready to fight. Muichiro soon again passed out from the lack of blood.

As the sound of snapping branches and footsteps, it was accompanied by muffled sounds of someone or something talking.

Sweat rolled down Nezuko's forehead. If it's a demon I have a 70% chance I'll lose since I'm at a disadvantage and if it's a human there's not that much they can help but tend Muichiro.

Nezuko glanced over at Muichiro was now turned pale in the face and had blue lips.

"I hear the rushing of water!"

"Let's hope the person isn't badly injured!"

"Stop talking and keep moving! We don't know if the person will have that much time left!"

Nezuko became relieved while realizing that it was the clean-up crew known as 'The Kakushi'.

Nezuko quickly sat back down and started putting pressure on the wounds using the new piece of cloth she cut trying to minimize the bleeding.

"Quickly," A female voice said, sounding more clear.

After seeing the state of one of the demon slayers, the three Kakushi quickly came to Muichiro's side to aid.

"How long has it been since he started losing blood?" The female voice asked.

Nezuko quickly answered, "I'm not sure since I found him bleeding but more than 20 minutes."

The tree Kakushi quickly tended Muichiro's wounds with clean water and cloth.

"He already lost 20% of his blood and he's already going to Hemorrhagic shock!" A soft voice female quickly said. "The Vasopressin! Quickly" She shouted to the boy next to her.

The boy hurridly ramage through his bag and tose a bandage pack to the female tending his wounds and the Vasopressin to the girl next to him.

"I mean no disrespect but could you give us some space, we need as much focus as we can," the female stated.

Nezuko quietly nodded, got up, and stood back.

Where did it all want wrong? Am I any help? Am I just a burden? No, stop thinking like that. I have to at least do something, they're probably more survivors that need tending too. Is the clean-up crew already there? If I'm going to leave them, I'll have to clear the area of any demon first.

"I'll go scout the area!" Nezuko shouted to the tree Kakushi.

The three Kakushi nodded in understanding.

Suddenly the ground starts to shake and the sound of a large body of water could be heard.

An earthquake?

"Raise the slayer from the ground! Any intrupption with worsen his state!"

The smell of sea salt hit the nose of the 2 people.

What is this smell? It kinda has a strong smell of some sort of liquid. A water-type demon? Nezuko thought. MITSURI!

Nezuko quickly dashed towards where the sound of the body of water came from, cutting down each brenches with her sword.

The closer she got the more she felt uneasy. Mitsrui, please be okay.

After what felt like forever, Nezuko came to a clearing.

She saw a big body of water, as she looked up she saw Mitusri. Mitsuri's face looking blue but her libs were noticably blue.

Mitsuri opened one of her eyes and saw Nezuko.

She smirked.

*

"You're on time, Mr Hashibira," A rounded man said in a happy tone, "Haganezuka, made you a whole new blade since the one you turned to us couldn't be sharpened since it was all chipped up!"

The rounded man handed Inosuke, in his human form, his dual swords.

Inosuke took his brand new dual swords, "Thank you, he didn't have to go that far for me. Please give Mr. Haganezuka my thanks. Here's the tip."

Inosuke placed a whole bag of money on the counter.

"Haha anything for our number one customer!" The rounded man happily accepted the money.

"Hm."

Inosuke made his way down the bustling street of the unknown village onto the nearby forest.

Letting out a sigh, Inosuke took out one of his swords.

The blade was good quality but it wasn't to Inosuke liking.

Inosuke grabbed a near-by rock and started chipping away at the sword making a god awful noise.

"Tch, stupid humans, can't make a good weapon," Inosuke told no-one in particular.

A few minute have passed by since Inosuke started chipping away at his sword.

"Gosh, could you stop with that awful noise?!" A male voice shouted, hitting the top of Inosuke's head.

Inosuke slashed at the unknown male. Most be a hashira with that presence. Strength doesn't seem to be lacking but compared to the demon slayers 400 years ago, he's quite weak.

With a harsh tone, the male began yelling at Inosuke, "Have some respect will you?! Show some god-dam respect to your elder, spoiled kid! You need to be taught some manners! People like you who probably never got discipline deserve a good beating!!"

Inosuke was in a human form of a teenage boy with long smooth hair that was breaded and pale skin. His face holding his deep forest colored eyes.

He must be weak to have all those scars in his body. Why is his shirt open? Does he like the attention? Was he deprive of attention? He may not like shirts like I do. Who knows? Wait- Isn't this half- demon older brother?

"Are you gonna just sit there and stare? Gosh, you're such a creep! Show some respect and answer me! Oh..are you mute?" The male tailed off once he made that assumption.

Inosuke began to laugh, "Now I know who you are, you're that half-demon brother are you?"

"Half-demon brother- what are you talking about?" The male questioned in confusion.

Inosuke again laugh while pointing at him, "You don't know? That little brother of yours became a half-demon after eating some demons!"

"What?" The male tighten is gripped on his sword.