Chapter 39

Nezuko! The vision inside Mitsuri's head started to clear. She was doing all this so she could find friends. Nezuko was her friend. She can't die since she has friends that she cared about. Even if I'm hallucinating. Right now I need to kill this filthy demon for the sake of seeing my friends.

Mitsuri grip on his sword tightens once again. WOW! I feel like I just took a long nap! Even though she was surprised by the sudden energy burst. She can't be surprised any longer since she has a demon to kill.

Cetus threw himself side to side because of a burning sensation within himself.

"W–what's going on?" Gyokko frantically looked around, confused.

Soon a person flew out of Cetus's body, landing on a tree branch.

Nezuko quickly came from behind some trees, aiming for Gyokko's neck.

Gyokko and a confused state turned around and tried to dodge but soon felt a hot burning sword make contact with his neck.

In one whole movement of the sword, Gyokko's head came crashing down to the ground.

"Mitsuri," Nezuko called out, panting, "Y–your sword."

Mitsuri looked down to see that her sword was glowing...red.

*

"Around this time Muzan should already be figuring out about what you-"

"How would he know?" Tanjiro interrupted.

Zentisu's eyes frowned as his eyes twitch, "Could you NOT interrupt me? I gave him a clue."

"What the fuck? I thought we were friends!!" Tanjiro raised his voice.

"We aren't friends," Zentisu's body turned to face the door, "not when you threatened me so many times plus you have Muzan's blood in your vein from the moment you were born, your bond to be just like him." The door opened as Zentisu exited the room.

"Ugh," Tanjiro plopped onto the floor, rubbing his forehead, "I can never read him but he can read me like an open book, that's not fair."

His closet, his bed, and all his furniture retracted into the wall as a couch came out under Tanjiro. A table with tea and carpet came up from the floor in front of the couch.

"Haaa, I guess this time it'll be good for tea–"

B-A-D-R-I-N-G

Douma, Akaza, Hantengu, Zentisu, Emnu, and Tanjiro got summoned into the same room when uppermoon 6 died.

"Gyokko died?" Tanjiro thought out loud, breaking the short silence.

"It's good to see you here," Emnu said, coming up to Tanjiro.

Tanjiro jumped up from his seat, "EMNU! So glad to see that you are well and alive."

"I'm honored that you care for me," Emnu replied, bowing.

"Tanjiro-sama."

Tanjiro turned around to the source of whoever called his name, "AKAZA!! Since the two of you are here, why not have tea with me? Just sit on the couch!"

As Tanjiro was about to pour the two a cup of tea, Akaza quickly stop him, "Let me do it Tanjiro-sama."

He took the tea kettle from Tanjiro's hand as he pour each one of them a drink.

"Thank you so much, Akaza but you really didn't have to."

"No need to worry, Tanjiro-sams," Akaza reassured, "It's in honor for me."

Tanjiro took a sip of the tea, "Mmmghua! Anyway, it seems like you're the only lower moon left, Emnu! It must feel special!"

Emnu giggled as he place the tea back onto the table, "It sure does feel special. Even if I die by Muzan-sama's hands, it'll be special to me!"

"You seem to be quite obsessed with my uncle," Tanjiro stated with a smile but his eyes... weren't smiling.

Emnu smiles widen a bit, "It's not that I like Muzan-same himself. I like the position he holds, the position to be able to control many lives with his own single thought!"

Tanjiro faced turned grimace but quickly let out a small grin which didn't go unnoticed by Akaza.

"I mean, I guess he's quite strong," Tanjiro said in his usual tone but if you paid any close attention, he seems unpleasant, "He's my uncle after all!"

Emnu let a laugh, "Of course," he turned his head towards Tanjiro, "You seem to be stronger than Muzan from the start!"

Tanjiro's eyes widen as a sudden realization came apon him, "Ahh! I just remember! Emnu and Akaza!"

"Hm?"

"Yes, ~?"

"After this meeting, I would like for you two to have a private meeting with me!" Tanjiro let out a huge smile.

B-A-D-R-I-N-G

Muzan and Kokshibo appeared at the ceiling of the room. Muzan had a very pissed-off face with Kokushibo next to him with his usually stoic face.

"Gyokko died to the love hashira."

"What did he fall in love with her or something?" Douma, who has next to Zentisu about to get smacked, asked.

Tanjiro jumped in, "There shouldn't be something wrong with that. Everything comes to an end."

"I don't think that's what he meant," Zentisu dusted himself off when he finally got a good distance away from Douma, "As we are getting stronger, the demon hunter is too, getting stronger."

Muzan jumped down from the ceiling, landing cleanly on the floor of the room, Kokushibo doing the same.

"Even if they are getting stronger, they have more to lose than we demons do," Muzan clarifies.

Tanjiro took his legs up to his chest, "Then why are we here anyway? I know that whenever Uppermoon dies we have a meeting but this feels kinda off. Is this about us?"

"Correct."

"WOW!! You sure are Muzan-sama's nephew!" Douma faked exclaimed with a smile.

Muzan let out a sigh, "Although this is about us I want to get into one other topic, the Blue Spider Lily."

"OOHH!!" Douma shrieked and then ran towards Akaza, wrapping his arms around Akaza's neck, "Looks like we can have more playtime!!"

"Douma," Kokushibo said in his cold stoic voice, "That's rude."

Douma turned towards Muzan and Kokushibo with a closed-eye smile, he apologized, "Sorry, Muzan-Sama & Kokushibo-same!!"

Akaza's eye twitch in annoyance as he grabbed Douma and threw him into the empty space of the couch next to him.

Muzan let out once again another sigh, "Since Tanjiro was the one who handed me the Blue Spider Lily, the medicine was finished early than expected."

"OOOhHHhh." Douma riased up into a sitting position and looked at Tanjiro, "I wonder...where did you find it? I mean, I've been searching for it to no avial."

Tanjiro just smiled and replied, "My hometown."