Chapter 16

"Delicious," someone yelled, startling Akaza.

"What the-" Akaza mumbled.

"Delicious! Delicious! Delicious!" Someone rapidly yelled.

Tanjiro stood up, "I'm going to check it out," Tanjiro said.

Akaza sat up, "Allow me to accompany you, Tanjiro-sama."

Tanjiro just nodded and walked into the next cart, Akaza following behind.

"Delicious!" A male with fiery hair yelled, taking a bite of his food. "Delicious," the man said after taking each bite.

A female with short black hair with bright pink hair was standing next to the fiery hair male.

That's the girl who helped defeat uppermoon 6, Tanjiro thought, She already recovered? I'm surprised. I may need to kill her. Tanjiro took a seat behind the fiery hair man.

"Um..excuse me," Nezuko tried to talked through the fiery hair male, "R-Rengoku?"

"Delicious!" The fiery hair man, Rengoku, yelled louder.

"Uh, we really get that part already," Nezuko said, awkwardly .

*

SSZZZ---  The light flickered.

"And you're the kid from that day at the Master's?," Rengoku asked, arm crossing.

"Yes," Nezuko replied, "Nezuko Kamado."

"I see," Rengoku said, patting the seat next to him, "You have a reputation of having amazing skills. I hope I see it one day. Here, have a seat."

Did the hashira died or is still alive? Tanjiro thought, Let's hope I can get some information from them on this trip.

"Tanjiro-sama," Akaza called, grabbing Tanjiro attention.

"Hm?"

"Should I kill them?" Akaza whispered, "They'll cause more trouble later on if we keep them alive."

"No, not now, just focus of getting information," Tanjiro whispered back.

"What are you doing here?" Rengoku questioned, "A mission?"

"I received an order from a Kasugai crow," Nezuko answered, " 'The casualties of the Muzan train are increasing. Join Rengoku  on site,' he said."

"Yes! I see now! Understood!"

"Also, there's one more thing," Nezuko mentioned, "Something I wanted to ask you, Rengoku."

"Yes! I! I also want to ask you something too!" Rengoku said, "About the demon you discovered."

"Yes?"

"Do you know anything about the hanafuda earring?"

"Hanafuda earrings?" Nezuko said in a questioning tone, "I remember little of it- Oh! Yes I remember. My father would talk about someone from a hundreds of years ago that had a hanafuda earring. I heard he was a the best demon slayer. Why you ask?"

"All right, and of discussion!" Rengoku yelled.

Are they talking about me? I guess Inosuke and Zenitsu also faced some slayer up in that mountain. He's a weird one.

"In any given era, there's always been a flame and water swordsman among the hashira," Rengoku explain to Nezuko, "Flame. Water. Wind. Stone. Thunder. Those are the fundamental breathing techniques. The others technique were created as offshoots of those 5. Young Mizoguchi! What color is your sword?"