Chapter 35

"Are you doubting me?" Muzan asked in rage. Veins appeared in his neck from clenching his teeth.

"It's not that I doubt you. I am worried for you," Zentisu replied, "What if your precious uppermoon died? That wouldn't be so good would it?"

"He's replaceable," Muzan replied, "Unlike you."

Zentisu came out from the dark shadow, standing beside Muzan, "I'm honored you feel that way about me but compared to Tanjiro I'm nothing but an ant. You know this, don't you?"

"Tanjiro can't be trusted even if he is a family member by blood. You and I know this better than anyone. He's more of a.. snake..no, a fox," Muzan turned around, "Who knows, maybe he's plotting my death." Muzan soon disappeared from sight leaving a highly curious Zentisu.

"Hhehe," a smirk spread across Zentisu's face, "Things are getting interesting."

*

Nezuko finally arrived near a river, letting out a heavy sigh she placed Tokito on the ground.

Tokito's breathing became uneasy and his face twisted into that of one who was having nightmares.

There's really nothing I can do. Nezuko thought, cutting another piece of clothing. The least I can do is try to clean the wound.

Browse frowned, lips tightly closed, Nezuko cleaned Tokito's wounds one by one not noticing the water had turned into an odd color.

Nezuko glanced at the cloth in her hand Blood? Where did that come from- Her thoughts came to a stop apon seeing the dead bodies that belong to swordsmiths and the blood that stained the river.

As the corpses slowly came closer, the smell of rotting meat grew.

Was I too focused on Tokito that I let these villagers die? Where's Mitsuri? Is she safe?

Small whimpers came from beside Nezuko.

"Tokito-Kun!" Nezuko turned her full attention back to Muichiro, "Don't move! You are deeply wounded."

"Muichiro, call me Muichiro. Being called Tokito-Kun is wried," Muichiro managed to whisper out.

Nezuko placed down the blooded cloth and cut another piece of her haori, "I'm sorry Muichiro-Kun there's nothing much I can do. I can't clean your wounds at the moment. The river is full of corpses and blood."

"Corpses?" Muichiro let his head roll towards the river, "oh-"

"I couldn't do much to save the villagers, my apologize."

Muichiro looked at Nezuko, "Leave me here, there's no way I can survive in this state. You need to save the survivors. The Swordsmith village is an important asset to the demon slayer corps -cough cough- If the Swordsmith village fall, there's no way that the demon slayer corps will manage to survive."

*

Tanjiro entered his room in the infinite fortress.

Tanjiro's room was dimmed light from the candles placed all around his room, tainting the room with many shades of orange.

Tanjiro made his way to his bed, climbing the stairs to his king-size bed. (Inspiration from Royal High bed, Grand Balcony Bed.) He flopped face-first onto his bed.

A sigh left Tanjiro's mouth, "This is all soo tiring. Uncle should've consumed that medicine by now. I wonder if he's going to be able to overpower me... no, that can't happen. If I think about it honestly, I'm the actual king here. I was the one who became the first full demon."

Tanjiro raised his head towards a certain closet that was placed on the wall across the door. (Does that make sense?)

Tanjiro jumped down from his bed and walked towards the closet.

Apon reached the closet, and a smirk appeared on his face.

"My many hard works of collecting," Tanjiro opened the closet, "sure have paid off. But my most valuable prized I collect not only belonged to the man that created the first breath," Tanjiro reached in and grabbed a sword, "but belonged to the man that nearly almost killed my uncle."

*

Cetus is a large water monster. Mitsuri thought, tightening her grip on the sword that was in front of her. I don't need to fight this monster and even if I did, I'll die. That's not what I need. I need to get rid of this demon so that the world will be a safer place. I'll just need to kill this demon to get rid of Cetus but Cetus will do all means to protect its summoner.

Mitsuri full sprint and ran towards Cetus.

Not seconds later, Cetus swung his tail, crushing the trees nearby. Mitsuri jumped onto the tail. Gripped tighten on her sword. She slashed onto the body of Cetus. She jumped, her sword slashing along Cetus's water skin.

Pathetic move. Gyokko thought. Cetus's skin is made out of the water, there's no way to be able to harm him. Demons slayer try slashing at Cetus mostly just get trapped inside his body and suffocated to death. A slow and painful death.

Mitsuri jumped back. It's not getting harmed by my slashes. Will his body is made out of the water of course not but all monster have a flaw. Cetus's flaw is that it's slow but his body of water makes up for it, I'll just have to use Cetus's large body to hide from that demon and kill him without him knowing.

Mitsuri ran towards Cetus once again, this time running to his front.

Cetus moved his small fin to block Mitusri's movement.

Mitsuri dodges.

Cetus fin still moving towards Mitusri.

Mitsuri moves back by kicking off Cetus's fin but failed to realize something.

She was too close to Cetus's body.

She soon got sucked into Cetus's water body.

Apon realizing this, Mitsuri tried to swim out but couldn't do so. I miscalculated, there's no way I can die such a lame death. I need to get rid of this demon. I need to survive. Body c'mon move. Survive for me. There's no way I can sie like this.

Mitsuri's calm demeanor before the battle slowly crumbled. Now, she was afraid. Flashes of her memories throughout her years as a hashira flashed before her eyes.

As the minute went by, her consciousness slowly slipped away. Mitsuri fought to open her eyes while her head felt like exploding. Remember, I need to survive. I need to kill that filthy demon.

Another pathetic demon slayer.

"HAH HAHAHA," Gyokko let out a laugh, "No one can ever defeat CETUS. Now, all I need to worry about is what kind of art I can make from this hashira. Wasn't she called the love hashira?"

---

AN- I had to deal with my mental issues and family problems were in the way. I apologized.