Chapter 36

"HAH HAHAHA," Gyokko let out a laugh, "No one can ever defeat CETUS. Now, all I need to worry about is what kind of art I can make from this hashira. Wasn't she called the love hashira?"

While Gyokko was thinking of ways to make the love hashira into an art piece he let his guard down, a fatal mistake that would kill him.

*

Kokushibo, the Uppermoon 1, slowly woke up with a huge headache.

"Ugh--"

"Oh, you're awake," Muzan spoke as he walked through the Nakime-placed door.

"Muzan-sama," Kokushibo quickly tried to sit up but was brought down because of the headache.

"Tch," Muzan became annoyed, "I didn't know you were this pathetic."

Kokushibo got up from the bed and kneeled before Muzan, head against the floor, "Forgive this lowly demon, Muzan-sama. Please have mercy."

Muzan let out a sigh, "I'm too busy for this. It's a good thing  you survive, my force would lose its power if you died."

"You're praising me too much."

"You are right, I am praising you too much," Muzan went to a window that spawned out of nowhere, "Good, the sun is out. Nakime!"

Soon Muzan and Kokushibo were outside under the shade of the trees. Muzan calmly walked out to the sunlight.

"Muzaa-sama!" Kokushibo cried out, worried for his master, "Ah-"

Muzan didn't get burned by the sunlight. The sight was mesmerizing to Kokushibo. The king of demons surviving the biggest rival of demons.

"Come out," Muzan said in a demanding voice with a grim expression.

Kokushibo quickly stood up, the headache easing. He slowly walked toward the sunlight, nervous.

How long has it been since I felt this nervous? Will I die? Is Muzan-sama trying to get rid of me?

Muzan's patients grow thin, "Instead of actually becoming a full demon did you become a sloth? We don't have all day!"

Kokushibo picked up his pace, "Forgive me."

Kokushibo quickly walked up to the sunlight.

Feeling the burning sensation Kokushibo hissed in pain but decided to move closer to his master.

As soon as he reached Muzan, he realized that the burning sensation wasn't there anymore and that the pain was easing down. He looked down at his hands to find that his hands were regenerating and replacing the burned skin with new ones.

"Ah-"

"Amazing isn't it?" Muzan asked with a smudged face, "The blade of those pesky demon slayers is now useless." Muzan let out a huge laugh of victory.

Kokushibo has never seen his master this happy about anything but he understood the huge progress they've made. 

Feeling the sense of being watched, Kokushibo became wary and from the corner of his eyes, he saw the silhouette of someone familiar.

*

Tanjiro slowly took out the red sword, "Though this sword has now become useless as of this day."

Tanjiro slowly started rubbing the middle of the blade with his thumb, "Still hot too. The sword should've turned back to its original color but it's still red even after 500 years. Or is the original color red? So much thinking."

Tanjiro looked back up inside his closet. The closet was infinite inside with thousands and thousands of swords belonging to demon slayers displayed within.

"It was a great idea to start collecting swords from the demon slayers that seem fit to become my rivals but I'm upset that the demon slayer crops have weakened throughout the years."

The sounds of a door opening and the sounds of it closing.

"Is there anything I can help you with, Zentisu?"

In a blink of an eye, Zentisu managed to travel through the room and beside Tanjiro, "You're still all about that useless hobby of yours? Why keep them in your memory when you're going to get rid of them anyway?"

"This is why no one bothers with you. You always make them feel useless and stupid."

"Well, I'm sorry that you feel like that. It isn't my fault that you demons take my words in a negative way," Zentisu snapped back, "Also as you said, Muzan did give the medicine to Kokushibo first. Seems like Kokushibo is now mentally unstable thanks to you."

Tanjiro gave a side look to Zentisu, "No need to thank me, it was I who made him mentally unstable. He has been mentally unstable from the start, you were just too blind to see it."

"You have no right to disrespect me when you're looking like that. Have you seen Inosuke?"

"Nope, haven't seen him since that swordsman village accident," Tanjiro asked, now putting up the red swords, "What can I help you with?"

Zentisu dropped down on the chair that suddenly appeared behind him and asked, "What did you do with the medicine?

Tanjiro flinched at the question but it didn't go unnoticed by Zentisu, "That comes out of nowhere. Care to elaborate?"

"I know you know what I'm talking about but I'll explain it since you choosing to act clueless," Zentisu spoked, crossing his legs, "Before we went to the village, I was heading towards his office to inform him just in case he didn't know until I heard something from his lab. I looked in seeing you mess with the medicine. It looked like you were tampering with the medicine but at the time I didn't know what it was."

Tanjiro has now closed the closet door and focused his full attention on Zentisu.

"It was confirmed that it was the medicine when I witnessed him giving the medicine to Kokushibo," Zentisu continued, "I questioned again, what did you do with the medicine?"

When without directly naming the person, it was obvious he was talking about Muzan, Tanjiro's uncle.

"What will you do after I gave you an answer?" Tanjiro questioned in a serious tone, glaring down at Zentisu.

Zentisu smirked, "It depends on what the answer is."