Chapter 30

Tanjiro turned towards where Inosuke left. He's experiencing someone fun, isn't he? A smile appeared on his face. I'm glad!

A clash of water brought Tanjiro's attention back to Tokito. Oh?

Tokito started pulling the needle out of his face. He crawled to Young Kotetsu, protecting him from the summons that we're attacking them.

Should I just kill him off?  He has no use to me, after all. Tanjiro let out a sigh. I don't know. Inosuke and Zentisu would just kill them off.

A sudden spike of presence caught Tanjiro and Gyokko's attention.

Tanjiro quickly raised his right hand, strings that were on fire came out of all five of his finger towards Tokito. Blood oozing out from his finger.

Tokito's sword came down on the fire strings just for the strings to move out of the way, slightly grazing his right leg and leg shoulder causing the skin to burn off.

"Gyokko,  leave him to me," Tanjiro said, walking up the door of the shed, "If you interfere, I'll kill you!" Tanjiro sent Gyokko his smile.

Tokito's sword cut through the air near Tanjiro.

Tanjiro grabbed Tokito's sword before it could touch him. "Why not take this somewhere far so no one else gets hurt," Tanjiro suggested, giving Tokito a closed-eye smile.

"Nakime!" Tanjiro called out.

B-A-D-R-I-N-G

A door appeared underneath both of them, opening up, making them fall into an infinite space room.

"As you can see, this is an infinite space room. No one else will get hurt and nothing with be damaged," Tanjiro stated.

Tokito looked around, confirming what Tanjiro had said.

"It's not like I'm looking down on you. I just don't trust myself to be able to not hurt another human or damage anything.

"You're going to die when I cut your head off. I'm also feeling amazing right now for some reason, why is that?"

Tanjiro giggled, "It's probably because you just unlocked the demon slayer mark." Tanjiro pointed at both cheeks and the left side of his forehead, "You're a mist cloud pattern!"

"...?" Tokito gave a confused look.

Tanjiro's smile turns into a frown, "I know you have bad memory but why would you forget something important as a demon slayer mark?"

"..."

Tanjiro let out a sigh, "They didn't tell yall, did they? Let us have a nice talk about this before we fight so you know the value of what you carry."

"I would like to stand," Tokito replied, dropping his arms onto the side of his body.

"You do you, I guess. Anyway back to what we're talking about. During the Sengoku era," Tanjiro started, "Some first-breath swordsmen were just one step away from putting an end to Muzan-dono. They all had demon crests. I thought this knowledge was passed down to the demon slayers, at least the hashiras but I guess not. Not many people know about it."

"According to what I've seen, a lot of information about the mark has become unclear. The demon hunters were repeatedly on the verge of annihilation, therefore the succession may have died out at some point. You can unlock the demon slayer mark by being live-threatening conditions of having a heart rate over 200 bpm and a body temperature over 39° Celsius. The demon slayer mark is also like a disease, once someone has the mark it spreads to others."

"That's all there is to it," Tanjiro falls back, "There's no reason to remember everything I just say, I'm not planning on letting you live anyway."

*

"Who the hell are you?" Inosuke asked, giving Genya the cold stare.

Hantengu hiding and shivering behind Inosuke's leg.

"Tell me who you are first!" Genya shouted, giving Inosuke a digested face.

Inosuke kicked Genya face to the side, "Inosuke, Hashibira Inosuke. One of the 3 real moons. Now, who are you? Your presence isn't of a normal person."

Inosuke crouched down, grabbing Genya's chin, "half-human, half-demon?"

Genya spit onto Inosuke's face, "Don't fucking touch me, you trash!"

Inosuke grip tightens on Genya's chin, "You're pissing me off, you brat! I'm asking for your name! Do you want your little demon hunter's friend to die?"

"Genya, Shinazugawa Genya."

"Genya, Shinazugawa?" Inosuke said in a questioned tone, standing back up, rubbing his chin, "Oh! You're one of the older brothers! Nice to see you again, my man." Insouke said with an evil grin.

"What are you talking about? Fucking crazy." Genya murmured the last part.

Genya sighed, "You forgot about me? I'm the guy your mother brought home! Also, the reason why your mother became a demon! I heard your little siblings all died except you and your older brother. How's he doing these days?"

"I don't know, we..." Genya's voice trailed off.

"Huh? I can't hear you?"

"I don't know, we aren't on good terms."

"I mean, of course. You called him a murder after all." Inosuke laughed, "HAHA, you're fucked up for that."

*

That's some serious concentration!! Gyokko thought. He...he makes me mad. I've never been able to concentrate that hard before!! I cannot lose to him as an artist!!

Gyokko quickly summoned a fish with blade fins, glazing at Hotaru's skin.

Hotaru's mask broke apart, revealing his face.

This man!! Just won't stop!!

"Because of this own character, he did not engrave his name on such a magnificent blade. It was made solely for that purpose. This blade was forged with that only purpose in mind."  Hotaru murmured.

"Haganezuka-san..." Kanamori's voice trailed off, sitting next to Hotaru.

He pisses me off. I could kill him and that would make him stop. Gyokko thought, frowning. I want to kill his concentration and abandon his blade!! What do I do?

"You look pathetic," A voice commented, behind him.

Gyokko turned around, "Zen-Zentisu-dono!"

It was Zentisu, blood covering his outfit, "Hm?"