Chapter 9

The sword didn't cut...!? It's so soft. It's so soft that it won't cut. It loosened up the slash by bending.

Daki attacked Nezuko, but Nezuko jumped back, running away from Daki.

You're not getting away, you ugly little brat!! Daki continually attacks Nezuko with her sash.

There are more sashes..13 of them. If I avoid one, the damage could spread. Nezuko looked back, But what's this? They're so slow. Nezuko quickly blocked the sash with her sword.

"I won't let you cut me this time!!" Daki yelled at Nezuko, "It was pure coincidence that you were able to graze my neck earlier!!"

Nezuko continued to block the sash.

Daki's sash was gathering. The sash he parried with his blade ridge is gathering in one spot. The sash was about to tie up Nezuko, but Nezuko pinned all the sash onto the ground with her sword.

"Is that supposed to stop me!? I'll send you flying!!" Daki tried pulling the sash from under Nezuko's sword but couldn't, So she's going to stretch the sash out and cut them? I can extend them in the blink of an eye. It's not like he can do anything from that distance in that one moment.

Nezuko suddenly did a front flip, dashing towards Daki while cutting Daki's sash.

Huh? Did she cut them? Nezuko was close to cutting Daki's neck, Fas...

It's simple. I have to swing my blade as fast as I can. Faster than her neck can bend. I can cut it for sure this time. Nezuko was determined to cut Daki's neck but-

"Onee-san, breathe!! Please!!"

Nezuko suddenly couldn't breathe. She collapsed on the roof, coughing.

Humans have two limits to them. When people approach their 'stamina' limit, they find it painful to move. Even if they were able to forget their pains and wounds and move due to a wave of anger so powerful, it causes blood to drip from their eyes. Next comes their 'life' limit. Naturally, when people pass this point, they die. Nezuko was about to go past this limit just now. To extend this limit, for even just one second, and fight with demons, people strive for months and months on end to the point of spitting blood out. If people were able to win with the emotion of anger alone, demons would no longer exist in this world.

"Humans are truly miserable existences," Daki said in disgust, "After all, no matter how desperate they get, they can only go so far. How sad."

I can't stop coughing. It hurts to breathe. Nezuko held onto her mouth, especially since I've already passed my stamina limit. My vision is going dark. I can't hear anything other than my heartbeat.

"Yeah, even your wounds won't heal easily. That's how it goes. As payback for before, I'll now cut your head off-" Daki was stopped when Kanao kicked her head, sending Daki flying.

"Now you've done it. You..!! Oh. You. I'll kill you," Daki yelled while Daki's upper face begin healing.

Kanao dashed towards Daki with her sword, clashing with Uppermoon, Daki. Daki sends Kanoa flying down to the next street.

"You're weak. You pretty much haven't trained enough," Daki said, jumping down to the ground, "Why did you have to kick my face?" Daki walked towards Kanao as Kanao groaned and moaned in pain. You poor thing. Your torso is now in complete shreds. You shouldn't be moving. That's a big wound for a human-like you."

Kanao got back standing, stumbling around.

Wait a minute. What the? She's not supposed to be able to stand. Is this another monster just like that brat? Daki turned to take a peek at Nezuko, who was slumping on the roof.