Chapter 10

"The envy, maaaaaan. You are a niiiice guy, huh. Protect the humans, looking cool, niiice. And you're a savior in their eyes, huh. I'm sure they'll shower love and gratitude upon you."

"Well, yeah. I'm a flamboyant, elegant, ladies' man so of course," Uzui responded, "I even have 3 wives."

Gyuutarou paused for a second before saying, "You got 3 wives now? You're kidding me, right!? Riiiight!? Unforgivable!!" Gyuutarou scratched his face cause blood to bleed. Blood demon Technique: Splatter Sickle. Gyuutarou readily swung his Sickle with his blood on it.

A slash of blood is akin to a thin blade. And there are so many!! I can't stop this while protecting people. Uzui then thought of a plan. Uzui hit the floor below with his Nichirin blade causing a being explosion.

The floor below them collapsed with Uzui and the 2 humans. "Run!! And go hide!" Uzui ordered.

"You're not getting away. Now turn, splatter sickle," Gyuutarou said. Gyuutarou's sickle came flying towards Uzui.

So he can manipulate the slash itself? This is a slash of blood that reacts to the target until it explodes!! Uzui hit the sickle with her Nichirin blades, These siblings. I cut the sister's head off, and she didn't die. and an unbelievable situation. If I cut the brother's head off, will they disappear altogether? Is the brother the real body? Anyway, I have to do something!! Judging from the sound, most of the people on the upper floor have escaped.

Uzui throw 3 balls up to the hole that he had created. Uzui jumped up and hit the ball with the Nichirin blade causing a huge explosion, "Well. Ordinary means won't do the trick, huh."

Daki and Gyuutarou were covered with Daki's hard sash. After the explosion the sash retreated, showing the 2 demons.

"The 2 of us are one, after all."

"You're different, man. Different from all of the pillars I've killed up to now. You were a special guy from the moment you were born. You got that chosen talent," Gyuutarou said, "The envy, man. I just wanna put an end to you right this instant."

Uzui paused for a second, "Talent? Hah. Do I look like I have some kinda talent? If that's how you see someone like me, you must have had a wonderful life. You've lived hundreds of years, yet you shut yourself up in this place. I'm not surprised you don't know how the world works. This country's huge. There are swarms of amazing guys. And there are some really strange guys out there. Some guys became pillars just 2 months after picking up a blade. Did I get chosen? Don't mess with me. How many lives do you think have slipped through my fingers?" Uzui was tone greatly became sour.

"Gnngh. Then how do you explain this?" Gyuutarou asked, in an angry tone, "Why are you still alive now? My 'Blood Sickle' is full of deadly poison. But you still haven't dropped dead yet, right? Riiiiight!!" Gyuutarou had scratched his neck causing blood to come out. (This guy sure likes to self-harm.)

"I'm from a family of shinobi. I developed some resistance, so poison won't work," Uzui answered.

"The shinobi went extinct in the do era," Daki yelled at Uzui, "Don't lie to us!"

*

They're not wrong. I had nine shinobi siblings, including myself. By the time I was 15, 7 of them were dead. The family went in decline and my father, in his panic, forced us to train intensely, as if he was possessed. The only ones who stayed alive were me and the second youngest brother. And that brother was a duplicate of my father. They had the same thoughts, the same actions. 'Subordinates are pawns. If my wives die from birthing heirs, then that's okay. He didn't respect people's wishes. He had no human quality. I don't want to end up like that.