᪥ 𝑈𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 ᪥ [ #6 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚 𝐓𝐢𝐩𝐬 ]

Feeling like a radical feminist today.

So, I'll analyse why some people don't understand Momo Nishimiya's speech about female jujutsu sorcerers.

Clear this up, this is just my opinion so don't take it to the heart much.

Spoiler alert for the anime watchers

When the fight during Kyoto Goodwill Event ( Nobara VS Momo ).

Momo explained that female jujutsu sorcerers were judged by their strength but also beauty. If you are ugly but strong, you are not perfect. If you are beautiful but weak, you are also not perfect.

You need to be both if you are a female jujutsu sorcerer if you want some recognition.

She then told about Mai's suffers from the Zenin clan. She has low cursed energy and is also a woman. She maybe behaving because Mai was treated worst than Zenin's clanswoman with average cursed energy. She is anxious of getting abused like how Naoya did to Maki, so she stays obedient to avoid any conflict. Maki was different she is very determined and rebellious, and what those people when she acted the way she did is they will mocked her and beat her.

Just like how they did to Toji.

Since Maki can't take that lifestyle anymore and also wanted to become a head clan because she wanted to create a place where Mai feel accepted, she leaves the clan. Mai doesn't know her sister's second intention. She is afraid that she will be judge and treated worst than she has been for being Maki's sister, so she become a sorcerer to avoid it. The Zenin clan probably heard about how Maki was working hard so they make it harder for Maki, so does they did with Mai. So she was forced out of her comfort zone to go to Maki's level if she wanna live.

Momo said to Nobara that how can she be foolish to not care about Mai instead of Itadori. Nobara was pissed. She did saw Itadori as a friend, not a curse and cares a lot about him. Itadori was a kind and caring person despite how people treat him.

Same as Saori.

Both of them might be seen as high and mighty person but they do suffer but didn't let those hardship get into their heads.

Nobara thinks it's not fair. People like Itadori and Saori didn't do anything wrong except being kind, they were just born with slight privilege. Yet, people still treat them like shit. Mai might suffer but also Maki, yet she didn't treat people around her like trash just because she has a bad past.

Nobara doesn't care about the gender roles about the jujutsu world forced her to be in. She is her individual, she is like herself when she is being pretty, she likes herself when she is being strong.

She is Kugisaki Nobara.

Now, those statements are wonderful in their way. In the anime, I always thought Momo's speech is pretty one-sided since I don't see them being treated badly until I was introduced to Naoya in the manga. Since then, I have been thinking about how many female jujutsu sorcerers have suffered from these distinct gender expectations and treatment.

I tried to see people who agreed with Momo but very few did understand. Maybe because they are just like me, they didn't see it yet. I also see people said Momo's point of view is stupid ( 🙄 ) because it "✨fEmInIsT✨"

( Seriously, it's 2021. Not 2016. Are there people who believe in those stereotypes of feminists still?? )

So what did I get from both Momo and Nobara's speech?

Momo's speech= The problem we should notice.

Nobara's speech= The outcome for those problems.

We should notice the gender roles what society for men and women. The solution to what we are supposed to do is reject those roles society put us in.

Of course, there are people who are not privileged enough to fight back for themselves like Mai.

Mai doesn't have the power, both in strength and cursed energy. So even she wanna fight back, she can't. Maki have Heavenly Restrictions that make her strong like Toji who is one of the strongest characters in Jujutsu Kaisen. So obviously she can fight back in one way.

It was like if you force to survive in a forest without anything but other people have a strength that you don't have and leave you behind to survive on their own.

That is why I got from Mai and Maki situation.

But of course, I don't agree Mai can shit talk to anyone just because she has a bad backstory. Momo should understand what Mai did is wrong.

It the same logic if serial killer murders people and whined the reason they killed people is that their father is abusive and one of the serial killer close person defend using that statement.

And at the end of the day, what I wanted to tell is just we should understand both Nobara and Momo. Also, I feel like Momo is the most underrated character in JJK. People only know her as the broom girl/witch girl/, etc.

But hey, this is just my analysis and opinion so you don't have to care much about it.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

I swear to God, my story's reads are going low and lower.

Questions of the day:

1. Do you think the jujutsu sorcerer's world is sexist?

2. What are your thoughts on Momo Nishimiya?

3. Jujutsu Kaisen's comfort character? ( Mine is Itadori )

As always, stay safe and hydrated. Have a good day/ noon/ afternoon/ night🧡 Remember that you are enough, loved, valid, and important.