Chapter 76~ Weaknesses

Year 779 ([Name]= 33, Vegeta= 51) [Kuriya= 4, Aoi= 3, Trunks= 13, Gohan= 22, Goten= 13] Approx. September 779

Trunks had found himself walking around the streets of West City, just soaking in the city life. In the short moments of down time, he wanted to freshen his mind so that he was ready to face Black. Thanks to the training, everyone was truly whipped like [Name] had suggested, so they were going to go to the future tomorrow.

That stress on the horizon. It worried him. He hoped it would go well tomorrow. And, honestly, just walking around seemed to ease that. Despite the chaos that is a metropolitan, West City was rather calming. Even if it is the hundreds of cars passing you in a minute or the extreme ambient light that made it difficult to see the stars.

As he walked, he noticed something out of the corner of his eye that required much more attention upon further investigation. There was a man, one far too familiar. But, dressed in a way that he had never seen before. Clad in jeans, Doc Martens, and a black long sleeve shirt was Vegeta.

"Father?" At the Prince's words, the King turned sharply.

"Shit." He stood there, a cigarette between his lips.

"Since when do you smoke?" It seemed rather unlike his father to smoke in the first place. A fighter who cared so much about his body certainly wouldn't do something that greatly hurt him.

"Your mother got me into them back when we were together." Vegeta admitted, taking the lit cigarette from his lips with his right hand. "I promised [Na'] I would quit, and I did, when we got together—"

"This doesn't look like quitting." With a rather snide, yet confused, smirk, he looked at his father, watching what appeared to be rather ashamed drags as he looked anywhere but his son in front of him.

"Well, all the stress recently—It's getting to me." Why was he being so honest? That he didn't know. "I mean, I'm a tough guy, but I'm still... human." Humility was never one of his shining qualities. "Don't tell [Name]. She'll get worried that I'm stressed out."

"I won't tell her. But I can assure you, she'll smell it on you."

"You're right..." Trunks watched his father sigh, taking a final, long drag on the cigarette before smashing the butt under his boot. "She's going to kill me."

"You know as well as I that she is far too understanding to be mad about something like this." The Prince's voice was rather soft. "It's okay to be stressed out. It's pretty normal to be. I'm sure she's in the same boat. From what you've guys told me, I would be stressed out too." Not that he wasn't stressed out from his own future.

"You're a good kid." Was all the King said after that. He started walking in the direction of Capsule Corporations, nudging his head so his son would follow. And, for the rest of the walk, the two trekked on in silence.

By the time they got back home, the building was relatively quiet. Both Saiyan children were in bed, as well as Trunks. Bulma was nowhere to be seen and the lab was quiet; it was fair to assume that she went to bed for the night as well, hoping to get an early rise before the mission. As for the Queen, the two were surprised to find her in the kitchen.

The room was dimly lit and she stood there, her back against the counter with a single glass in her hand. The golden liquid was much too familiar to the both of them. And, when they walked in, she looked to them with a look of shock.

"Bourbon was more my drink." Vegeta chuckled, watching his wife shyly smile in greeting.

"Ah—yeah—" [Name] said sheepishly, sort of slumping over. She was trying to hide a little bit, feeling wrong for doing something out of the ordinary. Trunks had taken this moment to dip out, leaving the couple to their own devices as he uttered a quiet 'goodnight'.