Chapter 27~ Interview With the Prince (Part One)

Year 772 ([Name]= 23, Vegeta= 40) [Trunks= 6, Gohan= 15, Goten= 4]

I am unsure what is a bigger punishment, seeing the state of my beaten adviser, by my hands, those many years ago, or watching life go by, day-by-day, with her in close proximity without me doing anything. It had become a struggle to hold myself back, honestly. Those two kisses, we shared on the balcony, had been the last of our sexual interaction.

No matter what, I knew this had to be it. I didn't tell her that, I just did-- I mean, I just acted. Which, is my fault. But, in my defense, I had to stop it before it got out of hand. Before we did anything hasty. I love her, she loves me-- But, there is more to it than that. This isn't some childish, earthling romance. This is real life, where decisions matter.

Life goes on, even since the Cell Games-- Life just goes on, no one suspects a thing about [Name] and I-- All they know is we are as close as ever. Not that it matters, per-se.

The battle left a toll on all of us. Even I hate to admit it, but the loss of Kakarrot was anything but pleasant. I do miss him, though I am unsure if my missing him is because I enjoy his presence. I think, I would much more connect it to losing a great rival. Besides my adviser, he is the only one I can challenge myself against.

To say 'goodbye' to my son was hard too-- Well, I suppose that is the future form of him. Over the time we spent together, I would say I grew fond of him. But, I suppose, I should give my actual son that fondness-- But, with [Name] spoiling him rotten, as well as Bulma-- I think he has enough fondness.

However, I do feel that my thoughts are digressing, my main thought right now is [Name], my precious adviser-- Now, that is someone who I am afraid I spoil rotten. Our relationship is something I always find a little odd. Not in the way the earthlings might assume, but just in general. Our relationship is odd.

Odd or not, however, it is something I cherish.

The many years-- days that passed, having a desire, a strong urge-- a passion, it was not as simple as a common, small-time thief's need to grab candy from the convenience store. No-- Worse. To me, it was an animalistic passion-- a chemical, emotional, hormonal desire-- that needed to be quenched. But, the time was never right. I assume it was still the thought that I couldn't just ask young [Name] to have my child, at least-- when that was not her focus.

Her innocence knows no bounds.

Days turned to weeks. Weeks turning to months. Months became years. And, before I realized, those two kisses, our year in the Time Chamber, had been six years in the past. What happened? I felt as if that time was stolen from me, I didn't even notice it was gone until it was too late. Why?

I can't be the only person to understand a feeling like that? I think I am human enough to feel something like that. I'm not a monster--

I feel like a poetic mess when I think about her, and not the seasoned, battle-hardened warrior that I am. However, I feel that no matter who it is, I'm sure that even people like the Namekian have someone they care for like that-- though, the last time I checked, the Namekian is asexual, so-- I think that was a bad analogy.

Never mind that comment then--

Either way, it has been something of a struggle for me. I think she assumed from my body language that we were doing nothing of our relationship for now. Because, even if we were alone, she wouldn't act, just smile and obey my lead.

Sometimes I think it is more of a crime, a punishment, to have a loyal adviser.

Someone that will obey, no matter what. When I would leave her with Bulma, she never complained, just waited for my next appearance. When I chose to mate with her in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, she just let it happen. When I beat her senseless, for something I still am unsure of the reasoning, she just let it happen. When Bulma and I ask that she teaches our son, help him, and parent him when we can't [or choose not to], she just let it happen.