Chapter 23~ Enter: The Cell Games

Year 767 ([Name]= 18, Vegeta= 35)

"You're a little shit, still-- I take back what I said, mostly just the part about where I called you a little shit." Vegeta huffed, but a smile took to his face, he shaking his head as she giggled. "Gods-- You make me so aggravated." He grumbled, but grinned, pecking her cheeks a couple of times. "You're lucky I love you."

"No. You're lucky that I love you." [Name] teased, grinning up the Saiyan Prince, making him roll his eyes in slight embarrassment and slight annoyance. It would be a lie if she said she wasn't embarrassed. This all-- She knew Vegeta meant well. Something about the time in the Gravity Room, not too long ago, screamed a red flag. She could recognize that it wasn't him, entirely. Maybe it was stress. Maybe he needed more sleep. Maybe he's going through a mid-life crisis, old people get those.

"I swear to God--" He huffed, shaking his head, sighing at her giggly behavior. He didn't understand how she could have something like that happen to her, and yet, here she is, still as peachy as ever. Unaffected. He never understood. "I've been thinking about it..."

"About what?" She swayed a little in his arms, hugging his shoulders as she rested her head against his collarbone. This was a moment she was eager for. Just-- Huggy, snuggly stuff-- It was nice.

"About this next week. And, I think I've taken the wrong approach to it. Sensu or not, you need to rest up a little. Psychologically and physically. You forgave me, but I think you'll just need some time to relax... Not stress more, before the fights. I think we both need to relax. I've been training, nearly every day, for the past five... No, six years, almost. I think I just need to take a few days to relax. It sounds stupid, but I think I need it. Though, I'm surprised you haven't said anything on the matter, Ms. Adviser."

"Well-- I agree with you. I'm still a little sore. Sensu beans can heal any wound, yes. But, sometimes you need more than one. And, sometimes, you just need to rest-- So, I do agree-- But, sometimes, you need to figure out what you need. I can't always monitor you, especially when you leave home half the time, Mr. Prince."

"Tch. You have a point." He grumbled, rolling his eyes. "How about we start our 'relaxing', then, hmm?" The Prince hummed in curiosity, watching her nod, peeling her arms from his form and languidly, at first, towards the door to get inside. With a small huff, he stalked after her, walking inside.

"What did you have in mind, to start our 'relaxing'?" The young Saiyan asked, toying with the edge of her bandage that covered her elbow. He stepped ahead of her, inside, gesturing to the living room. It was the main area that people usually gathered in, at Capsule Corporations, that is-- those that were close with the Briefs family.

"I was thinking we bring back an old tradition?" His words brought a smile to her face and she nodded eagerly. "Go pick a book then." He watched her tail dance around the corner, towards the library, urging a chuckle from his lips.

The Prince sauntered into the living room, eyeing the room. Nobody was around. He figured that his son and his ex-mate were in her lab, either talking about how cruel he is, or something of that nature. Maybe speaking of the fact, it would actually be worse to let [Name] speak with him again, so soon after the whole incident. Not that he expected anything less.

He understood wholeheartedly why it would be wrong. He, himself, was impulsive and did, took, whatever he wanted. She, on the other hand, was forgiving, loyal, and selfless, almost the opposite of him, except for when she chose to act like him, sassy and salty. He figured they would expect the worst, Bulma and Trunks, assuming she would come right back to him, kissing his boots, like an adviser should. And, forgiving him for his heinous deeds.