Chapter 12~ Trunks, Son of Vegeta, Prince of the Saiyans

Year 767 ([Name]= 17, Vegeta= 34)

"It is my duty, Ms. Bulma, to take care of Trunks. I am the Royal Adviser to the Saiyans, and he is, most definitely, of the Royal Bloodline." [Name] said, knelt in front of the mother, who stood, awkwardly, holding her child and trying to feed him with the bottle in hand. And, as much as the older woman would try to decline in the passing ten months since he was born, the young Saiyan has never given up hope to her mother-figure that she will take care of the baby.

"[Name]..." Bulma sighed, shifting the baby in her arms. "I-- You are Vegeta's adviser, right? Why didn't you go with him when he scrambled away, what-- a year ago, plus?" The woman asked softly, staring down at the girl who still had her head down in front of her. "You treat me like royalty, too--"

"Because you are. You are the mated Princess to my Prince. I must." She answered back, head still down and facing the ground. Though she said that, she could not explain the extreme pain at saying so. It was her birth-right, almost, that she was to mate with the Prince, 'marry' the Prince, after Freeza attacked them. If it was the same, she was supposed to stay at his side through their years, together, until their death. To be replaced-- was the ultimate bitch-slap to the heart. But, she took it anyway. "I couldn't--

"Even if he told me he was leaving- which he didn't- I would stay, for you. And the baby." She had her elbow rested to her knee, keeping the formal bow still. "I have told you, time and time again, it is my job, Bulma. And, I wish to fulfill it." No words were able to be said to that.

The older woman just squatted down in front of her and set her hand atop her head, gingerly ruffling her hair. In that moment, Dr. Briefs had come in, requiring his daughter's help, which resulted in [Name], ultimately, taking the baby. And, she and he were left alone to busy themselves while the baby's mother dealt with work issues. Every day was like this, Bulma kept trying to deny needing help, but still giving up her son to the insistent adviser.

Leaving the baby's room, the Saiyan and half Saiyan made their way to the hallway and towards the garden. What was it today? Well, today would be a walk around the indoor garden, followed by playing around in the garden, too. Something simple, most likely.

As they walked, she holding him carefully in her arms, the way she was told to, Trunks would constantly point at things and babble cutely. Which [Name] loved, and she would talk with him, explaining what it was he pointed at. And, this was the usual routine, for maybe-- An hour or two. Only can babble and point at things for so long.

"You look just like your father, don't you?" [Name] hummed sadly, she sitting and holding the baby in her lap as they sat in the middle of the garden, surrounded by all of the Briefs' cultivated plants and species. Just looking at Trunks was enough to see all that was Vegeta in him. When he looked up at her with big, curious eyes, she smiled sadly and kissed his head. "Just like your father... And, your mother."

It was such a sad feeling, to be holding the baby that was born of your torment. But, that didn't mean she hated the baby or that she didn't love him. She would give him the love he should get from Vegeta, with him being gone. And, she will take care of him when his mother cannot.

Honestly, the grief and angst of the thought of Trunks' creation, of Vegeta and Bulma together intimately, was enough to bring tears to her eyes. To make her want to scream and sob. To make her wish that she had passed with the rest of her race when Freeza destroyed the planet. For her, this torment was equal to the anguish her Prince felt for being inferior to Goku.

In this version, however-- She was Vegeta, and Bulma was Goku. The woman she loved as her own mother had taken her birthright, her Prince, fair and square. Had taken his heart and given it a home. And, as much as she wants to fight for that right. Scream and cry about losing. Throw a fit for it... She knew it to be wrong. As, her Prince had chosen Bulma, not herself. If he wanted her, he would already have her. And, she found that reason just enough. Easily enough.