Chapter 22~ 'I'm Sorry.'

Year 767 ([Name]= 18, Vegeta= 35)

So, I am what Earthlings call 'grounded'. I would suppose it follows the true-to-dictionary definition, that you're stuck 'on Earth', as it seems. Grounded, like to be on the ground. From what I understand from my casual moments of watching 'television', it seems I am supposed to 'go to my room, and not call my friends'. Not that I have many. With a roll of my eyes, I watch her go off down the hall after Trunks and [Name].

Her once perfect form is bruised and bloody in my mind, I can't get the sight out of it. I close my eyes and her tear covered face is looking up at me. Why did I do that to her? What the hell made me do that? It was obviously me that did it.

Once the door slides closed with the woman's exit, I slump to the floor, on my knees. What did I do? As I sit there, back hunched, curled on myself, I can't help but whimper, even a little. Yes, I, Prince Vegeta, of all the Saiyans, whimpered. What would you do if you hurt the person most important to you? The thing closest to your heart? You'd cry, too, so anyone who thinks I am pathetic, imagine the same scenario, and tell me that you wouldn't cry.

My hands are still shaking, and I am not sure if it is because of the stress of this all, the anger slowly spilling into my blood, or from my low blood-sugar, neither of us ate much of anything before coming home. We flew home, went Super Saiyan at 200Gs... I think low blood-sugar is a viable reason.

After a deep inhale, I get to my feet, though I admit I am shaky. Again, likely due to one of the reasons... Stress, anger, or low blood-sugar. Maybe all of it put together. Stress over the fact that I snapped. Anger over the fact I did that, anger at myself. And, I suppose, low blood-sugar is the one that makes sense without further explanation. Either way, I think I need something to eat, and maybe just time to sit and think.

I shake my head, hoping to scare away the stress for a moment, and walk out into the hallway. The kitchen is straight down the hall, fourth door on the right, past the lab. I flinch just at the thought I will walk past, but won't be able to see her. I just want to apologize. Will an apology be enough? Will she accept an apology as a viable reason to forgive me? As Earthling media says, an apology is all it takes, otherwise it is left to the person. My mother said a similar thing when I was younger, about myself and Tarble. We fought once, I pushed him too hard, and he cried. When I apologized, he didn't forgive me. My mother said that it was left to Tarble to forgive me, I've done all I can.

But, I suppose this situation is nowhere as simple as myself pushing my baby brother, and his toddler self not being able to forgive me. All those years ago... I'm an adult, the person that raised the very kid I beat up. And, definitely not in a 'play-fight' way, this is something, that if sensu beans didn't exist and without healing pods, would leave her bed-ridden for months. My feet carry me down the hallway, and in passing the hall, I can hear Bulma talking with [Name].

"Baby-girl, I'm going to need you to relax. We need to set your shoulder, as soon as possible. Please, hold on." Bulma's voice drifted through the door, my eyes glancing at the door as I walked slowly past.

"N-no, Mom-- P-Please-- N-N-Not yet--" Hearing [Name] beg for her not to, it made my blood freeze. I've had to set a few bones before, put them back into place, before casting or even just wrapping it until further notice. It is one of the most painful things ever. I think, it's worse than breaking it. The loud, cried scream that followed made my hair stand on-end, shivers tingling my spine. I can just see the tears on her face, hearing the sobs, making me sick. My feet walk faster, trying to escape the situation.

Don't do this to me, whomever you are, the one punishing me... I can't take it... anymore...

The kitchen is in view, and I immediately speed up, walking inside and letting out a sigh. I can't kick the shaking on my body, how my entire body twitches, flinches, shakes with each breath. The stress is getting to me, the anger-- My breath is quick, I need to calm down. Now. I turn to the fridge, pulling out something random. And just shove it in my mouth-- I don't care at this point.