Chapter 36~ The Adviser Isn't the Only One Who Sacrifices Themselves

Do you ever get the urge to want to do something, but you're too lazy to do something for that something that needs to be done first in order to complete said something? If it doesn't make sense, I wanted to work on the book, but-- I couldn't get my lazy-ass to watch the episode(s) I needed to continue to the next chapter. I am super lazy, oml. Haha

Also, it doesn't help that I'm doing an ethnographic research paper for my English college class. I love it. But, it has to have interviews, interview transcriptions, a thesis, and a LOT of work. I'm ready, I'm interviewing friends and family who are fellow naturalists, the Charles Darwin kind who love nature, not to be confused for naturalism a philosophy believing in natural law. The more you know. Anyway, let's get this shit started.

Year 774 ([Name]= 24, Vegeta= 42) [Trunks= 8, Gohan= 17, Goten= 7]

[Name] fought Dabura. Vegeta has already knocked out Goku. Buu is awoken. And... scene.

Babidi's cackle filled the space around them more than the energy did, it sending shivers down the Z Fighters' backs, Kaio-shin included. Actually, the god looked like he was about to lose it. Shit was about to hit the fan, and everything was about to go sideways. They have two options: Fight or...

"Let's run." The god suggested, getting two faces of 'are you fucking serious?' in return. "We only have so much time, and if he is revived now, we're out of options. If we stay here, we die."

"We can't say cowardice is the best approach after all the preaching you did about needing to kill him as soon as possible." The adviser sighed, shaking her head as she looked to the god. There was no way that this approach was okay. There had to be other approaches for this scenario. Running can't be all they can do.

Gohan groaned after hearing the two of them talk, his body enveloped gold and he fired an insane barrage of attacks at Buu's ball. One blast became a second. They watched his ball fly up, hitting the ground. Another blast. Then, a barrage of ki blasts, small ones. It was obvious that this was his way of trying to prevent his escape. This could work. Right? It'll work. It has to work. It needs to work. Did it though?

"That's one approach," [Name] chuckled, shaking her head with a worried look on her face. "Alright there, big boy, time to stop." She told Gohan, hand settled on his shoulder as he finally stopped, panting lightly. "Let's hope that did something..."

"Yeah..." The half Saiyan sighed, shaking his head and settling his hand atop the adviser's. He did hope he did something. However-- his eyes widen as he saw the ball move. It seemed all he actually achieved was riling up the monster, getting his attention... He was a big alarm clock for Buu. Nothing more.

"Oh no--" Kaio-shin squeaked from behind the two Saiyans.

"Dear Kaio-shin, I say this with all the love in the world-- but you need to calm the fuck down. I know what happened, you told me, but-- if you spend this entire time having a conniption fit I will personally send you to the moon. I need to keep you safe, and this planet, as well-- can't do that if you are freaking out. Calm down, sir, please."

"I--" The god huffed, looking to the slightly taller woman. He wanted to say something snippy, but he knew she was right. Though still anxious, he got quieter, using the two of them as meat-shields.

The ball holding Buu cracking open, the two halves hitting the ground and leaving it empty.

"Empty?!" Babidi gasps, staring at the obvious lack of monster. No Buu. All that came out of the ball was gas. It looks like he had dried out, almost.

"Think you dried him like beef jerky, Gohan." The adviser chuckled softly, and the half Saiyan laughed quietly, his heart easing as it seemed that they had made it out of the woods.