Chapter 6~ Final Breaths

Year 762 ([Name]= 12, Vegeta= 30)

There, in front of them, stood Freeza-- If there was a moment that all of their hearts seem to stop, just for a second, it was now. Silence rang out, then the words of the Arcosian tyrant, his sadistic chuckle filling the void as they just stood there. Frozen.

"My, my, my-- Trying to foil my plans, now are we?" He laughed, his tail lashing as he shifted his feet, glaring to the five that stood near the Dragon Balls. "Vegeta-- And [Name], ah? Both of my royal monkeys, hmm? You won't get very far." He chuckled, jumping down and landing on the ground before them.

Fear. Fear was the only emotion in all their minds. There was no other emotion. There could be no other. What do you expect of them? Eagerness to face Freeza? Hope for their lives? No, neither of those emotions could even pale in comparison to the fear that saturated the air, thickened it, and made it harder and harder to breathe.

It appeared that Freeza was, well-- absolutely livid at the moment, seeing that the dragon had been summoned and the Namekian he fought was trying to stall him. Ah-- How annoying. What was funny was they thought they could win. Against him? Freeza? Such a funny joke.

All any of them could do was quake in fear, staring down the alien that only stepped closer to them with an annoyed, yet cynical, sadistic grin on his purple painted lips.

"How unfortunate for you lot, that you have failed in your plans to stop me. And, as much as I would love to spare my two ex-soldiers! I think it would be just as great to kill you." Freeza's voice came out in almost a purr, he gnashing his teeth together a little, before licking his lips at the idea. Ah-- Killing them. How simple.

"You can try, but you will fail, Freeza! You will not kill me, a Super Saiyan! Nor, will you lay a hand on my adviser!" Vegeta yelled sharply, shaking off his momentary fear and standing straight, in a readied stance. He was planning on protecting [Name] at all costs. He didn't care for the others, but he cared for her. Not that he would voice that straightforwardly.

"Oh-ho-ho! How cute! The Prince holds his little errand-girl highly! How adorable!" The tyrant laughed at Vegeta's threats, finding them, well-- not threatening at all. It was then that Vegeta had charged the male, an aura of his power glowing around him. And, the tyrant met his attack with his own, stopping him dead in his tracks.

"V-Vegeta--" [Name] muttered, glancing to Gohan, Dende, and Krillin, finding them standing a few steps back, likely trying to hide their fear but still protect themselves. This might not end well, she could tell. Seeing the two of them, Freeza and Vegeta, at one another, was a little scary.

However, as soon as they charged at one another, Freeza increased his power to force them apart, a grin at his purple lips. What a game this must be to him.

"I'm impressed, Vegeta. You're just a smidgen more powerful than I assumed you were." The Arcosian chuckled, his tail whipping slowly against the sandy stone ground. It was quite the rush to be fighting the Prince, but more so to see the other four fearfully looking in his direction. How cute.

"You shouldn't be impressed! You should be scared!" The Prince snapped, clenching his fist with a grin. "I am far more powerful than your men, surely that of the Ginyu force! And, I will show you just how easy it is to kick your ass!" He laughed, watching his adviser deadpan a little at his choice of words.

"'Scared'?!" The Prince's words left the tyrant laughing, no-- nearly doubling over. "Me? Scared of Prince Vegeta? How funny! I am surely far more powerful than you, Prince! I am capable of so much more than you think! This form-- this is my weakest form-- If I transform, I could easily beat you!"