thirty-eight ≫ nicknames.

"We're gonna have to get up sometime."

Luke focused on me but it didn't actually look like he was looking at me, his eyes were just directed at me, as if he couldn't see. He's been dazing a lot the entire time I've been here; it's most likely the lack of sleep. I wish I could be the good girlfriend and say something like, 'go take a nap babe, you're tired, I'll be here when you come down', but I had to be home soon. I think, also because of his lack of sleep, he forgot he was supposed to drive me home. I turned to him with a sigh.

"I'm sorry I volunteered you to drive me home without you saying you.. actually wanted to."

"I want to."

His head perked up just a tiny bit more when I doubted him wanting to drive me, which caused me to smile and peck his cheek softly. Sometimes when I lean in to kiss Luke, he knows what I'm doing and leans into me just so that I kiss him longer; he did that now and it made me smile.

"Should we head out now?" He said. I couldn't hear any sign of him not wanting to take me.

"Probably, yeah," I slipped my phone out of my back pocket to check the time, "it's almost 2:45, and no one's home until four-ish. I think we'll be fine."

He nodded, a small portion of his dark blonde hair falling in front of his eyes. His eyes went cross eyed to look at the strands, which didn't look shiny and clean like usual. He slightly pouted.

"Are you sure we don't have a little time? I.. kinda wanna shower. Don't I smell?" He chuckled.

I shrugged, because if he had stunk, I didn't smell a thing. I came to the conclusion that I was just too overjoyed in the fact that I had Luke back after a little over a week. When you really think about it, it isn't that much. We've gone a week without seeing each other before, with the whole mental institution, but never have I ever gone without seeing Luke while I assumed he was beyond furious with me. I think that was worse - having to go through the week thinking that the only person who I've truly loved was angry with me. It made it seem like a full month, maybe more.

"I'm sure we have a little time, just make it fast, alright?" I asked, trying to make it not sound like I was rushing him.

"You got it, baby girl."

He started to get up from cuddling but I immeditately gripped his wrist and tugged so that I was sitting upright on the couch and he was leaning towards me. "Baby girl?" I asked.

He blushed, harshly. A small smile crept up on his face as he let out a small giggle.

"I- I don't know, I just thought of it.. I thought it was cute." He mood looked like it quickly flipped to disappointed.

"No, Luke, It's adorable, I've just never heard you call me anything besides Jas or Jasmin.. or stuff like that."

He scoffed. "I've called you princess and babe."

"Okay, and princess and babe." I laughed.

"Would you like me to call you Love? Darling? Cutie? Baby Girl?" He said, starting to list everything that came off of the top of his head.

"Yes, yes, yes, and yes." I said with a nod.

Luke grinned, obviously relishing in the fact that he could call me basically anything cute. "You're so cheesy, I'm surprised."

"Yeah, well.. you should shower, dude." I said, looking at the time on my phone again. I was still holding Luke's hand with my other hand.

"Dude?" He said, as if the word left a rancid taste in his mouth.

"..what?"

"I wanna be called cute things too.." He sighed.

I laughed and awwed simultaneously. "Like?"

"I don't know, what do girlfriends call their boyfriends?" He laughed, now rubbing the top of my hand with his thumb.

I thought about it for a second. What do girlfriends call their boyfriends? I searched through my mind, recalling every romantic movie or romatic book I've read. It didn't take long at all.

"Baby. Sweetie. Honey. Sunshine." I sighed, not being able to think of any more.

"Sunshine. I like that." He commented, letting go of my hand and heading to the stairs. "I'm going to shower, don't go anywhere, Love."

I felt the red in my cheeks spreading, along with the smile on my face. I checked my phone one more time. No messages or notifications, but it was now three in the afternoon and I have to be home by four. I hoped Luke didn't take too long in the shower.

-

Luke ended up hopping down the wood panelled stairs at 3:35. He made good time, and he managed to look even better than I imagined. He looked taller, and just over-all bigger. Again.

"Are you taller again?" I blurted.

"Probably." He chuckled, sitting down at the last step of the stairs and pulling on his completely black vans.

"You better not grow anymore, you're making me look like a dwarf. And that makes you Snow White." I said as he walked over to the couch where I was sitting.

"Hey!" He exclaimed with a chuckle, taking a hold of my hand and pulling me up to a standing position.

I let out a small laugh after that, getting more of a light chuckle out of him too. He swung our hands like a swing-set as we walked; I swear, Luke looks like he could be out of highschool already, but he acts six years old sometimes. To be completely honest, that's one of the reasons I love being with someone like Luke. Not everything is serious.

As we neared his car on the curb, he sped up his pace and let go of my hand. He fast walked to the passenger seat door and swung it open, gesturing for me to get in. I chirped a small thank you and sat down. He jogged to the other side of the car to get to the driver seat.

"My mom is going to be so pissed." He groaned, getting into the driver seat of his car.

"Why?" I asked, watching him stick the key in the ignition. It only took me a second to realize what a stupid question that was.

"Because, I've been gone." He answered anyway.

"But.." I started, not really wanting to go back in my mind and think about this. "When you left, I went to see your mom and when I told her that I had no idea where you were, she didn't really seem to care. She didn't even answer, she just closed the door on me. Hell, even when I called Ashton that night-"

"Why would you call Ashton that night?" Luke said, the jealousy in his voice practically slapping me in the face.

I paused. I only called Ashton that night because I was having a panic attack, in front of Luke's house, because of Luke. I couldn't actually tell him that, he'd get so angry with himself for letting that happen to me. Then again, I didn't want any lies to make their way into this relationship if I can help it. I had to tell him, but in a way that made it seem like it wasn't at all his fault.

"Well.. I had a panic attack after your mother shut the door on me.."

His eyes widened profusely. "Oh my god, are you alright?"

"Yeah, of course I am. I feel fine." I said.

"You're sure?"

"Yeah, Luke. I'm sure."

I couldn't hold back the smile that was caused by the fact that Luke cared so much. After I said I'm sure, the corners of his mouth lifted a little and he started driving in the direction of my house.

//

hello hello HELLO

remember when i said i would update on wednesdays???? lets go back to fridays like i originally did way back when people actually read this story lol,, speaking of which, i'm close to 100k reads so if u could share this around that would be cool (-:

thank u for reading if u did! sorry if thie chapter is kinda borin lol love ya

- riss 🚀