seven ≫ getting bad.

After last week's events, Luke hasn't stopped talking about him being excited about seeing his band mates again, which was great, because at least he wasn't thinking about other things. He also said he was excited to write and even start playing again. Every time I went over to see him, which was pretty much every day I could, he was always so happy and bubbly and wanted to show me more lyrics in the process. It was fun seeing him like this.

The only thing that was bothering me in the back of my head was that, I wasn't really doing my homework anymore. I didn't have much time. I'd come home, eat, and then head over to the hospital to see Luke. I didn't have time for homework.

He hasn't texted me today, which is strange. He usually texts me things like "good morning lub you" or "have a good day at school (-:", but nothing was sent today. It felt weird. So I texted him first, asking him if he wanted me to come over after school today. He didn't reply until third period.

LUKE; [ only if you'd like darling ]

So, the 'darling' was normal, he's called me that plenty of times, but he usually always told me that he wants me to come over. He didn't sound like it this time.

This bugged me all throughout fourth period, why wouldn't he want me there? Is someone else visiting him? I don't know, but I'll find out after school, I guess. Hopefully I'm just reading into the text too much.

》》》》》

I was on the road to Canyon Ridge Hospital and I was constantly checking my phone to see if Luke texted me, but he hadn't the whole time. This was actually scaring me.

This is how he used to act when we first started becoming friends, before he really got better. If this means he's back to the way he was, my heart is going to drop. I never want Luke to feel that way again. If I could stop it, I would.

Before I knew it, I was parked in the parking lot and walking into the facility. The lady at the front desk nodded at me as I sat down; I was considered a regular here. I was given a sticker and chauffeured to Luke's room, where I was left alone again, at his door. I opened it, not expecting anything.

When I walked inside, Luke was at his table again, where he usually was. He was writing lyrics. But he was hunched over more than usual, his hair was a mess, and he looked skinnier than when I last saw him. He looked ill.

He finally turned around and he looked like he was forcing a smile.

His eyes were sunken in and the bags under his eyes were huge. His skin was paler than usual. Can this all of this happen to someone over night?

"Hey, Jas." He said, before getting up slowly and walking over to his bed. He sat down on it.

"Hi.. Luke. Are you alright?" I sat down next to him.

He kind of scooted away from me as if I was going to hurt him. At this point I was worried and also, a bit hurt at his actions.

"Why are you acting like this?" I asked, harsher than I meant to.

He mumbled something while fiddling with his fingers.

"What?"

"I said, what do you mean?" He said a bit louder. There was a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"I mean, you didn't text me much today, and you're so closed off. You won't even answer my question. Are you okay?"

He looked up at me and I hadn't noticed, but he was almost crying. He took a deep breath and another one after that. One minute he's annoyed, the next he's about to start crying.