nineteen ≫ calum.

I fiddled with the hem of my shirt as I stared out of the car window. Calum and I decided to carpool to the hospital, and at first I thought it would be a good idea. I thought that he'd talk a little bit more than he is and we'd actually have some sort of conversation, but neither of us has said a word besides 'hi'.

"So, uh.. how's everything?" I asked, attempting to make conversation.

"Good, I'm excited to write some stuff with Luke. It's been a while." He sighed.

"Oh, cool!" I smiled.

He nodded and kept looking forward to the road. Guess he's not really much of a conversationalist.

"Oh! I meant to ask you, how did you and Emma meet? You guys are so cute, there's gotta be a cute story, right?" I asked.

He chuckled and shrugged. I was happy that I seemed to be making a good impression of myself.

"Yeah, you can call it a cute story. Or at least that's what everyone else calls it, I don't know. But anyway, we met at an All Time Low concert. I saw her and thought, 'wow, she's beautiful', and she saw me and thought, 'why is this creep staring at me'." He laughed.

I laughed along with him and then he continued on with his story.

"I went up to her and she smiled at me, not one of those genuine smiles, though. It was like, 'who are you and why are you approaching me'."

I giggled a little bit; Calum was actually really funny. I hadn't pegged him as a funny person because he hadn't even actually talked to me before, but I'm glad that he has now.

"So, I said, 'you like All Time Low, huh?' and she gave me this look and I immediately thought, why in the world would I ask her if she likes All Time Low at an All Time Low concert. After that, I thought I blew it so I started to walk away. And she grabbed my arm and turned me around and said, 'wait, you're kinda cute'. And that's pretty much where it all started." He sighed with a smile.

"Calum! That's adorable!" I exclaimed.

"That's what everyone tells me." He grinned.

Right on time, we pulled into the parking lot of the mental hospital. As I was unbuckling my seatbelt, I looked at the time and it said 6:50. We were actually a but early for once.

"Y'know, I think how you and Luke met is way cuter." Calum smiled.

I softly grinned at him. "Thanks, Calum. That's sweet of you."

We got up out of the car after that and walked to to entrance of the building. The frail lady at the front desk smiled at the both of us, due to recognizing us from the week before.

"Luke Hemmings?" She asked.

Calum and I both nodded. The lady handed us two very familiar stickers. I stuck it on my shirt and Calum did as well, and we sat down on the waiting room chairs.

"Do you think he's expecting you?" I asked.

Calum nervously shifted his all-black Chucks under his chair. "I'm not sure."

"Oh, I bet he'll be fine with it. You guys are friends and everything."

"Yeah, yeah.. It's just. I kinda feel like I'm intruding on your guys' time." He sighed.

"No, it's perfectly okay with me! If it's okay with me, I doubt Luke will have a problem."

I smiled at him and he grinned back. Calum was a good friend, from what I could tell.

A woman opened the hallway door and looked at us.

"Hemmings, Lucas?" She said, looking down at a clipboard full of papers. She must be new.