seventeen ≫ rejects.

"Jasmin, your friend Michael's at the door.." My mom yelled from downstairs.

"Coming!" I shouted.

I was getting ready to see Luke finally. I've been waiting all week for Thursday and it was finally here. Needless to say, I was excited.

"Jaasmiiin!" I heard Michael shout.

It sounded like he was in my house, which was weird.

"I'm coming!!" I yelled louder.

I heard him snicker and then I heard him talking to my mom, which was extra weird. I checked myself in the mirror and smiled at my outfit, which was close to what I was wearing on the first day that I visited Luke. Green Day shirt, black skinny jeans, black chucks. I grabbed my notebook that I wrote my letter in before leaving.

I walked downstairs and saw Michael sitting at the counter with my mom.

"Hey, Jasmin!" Michael smiled.

"Hi!" I said.

"Are you guys going now? It's only.. 6:30. You kids want something to eat?" My mom said, watching us walking to the door.

"Nah, we're goo-"

"Sure!" Michael smiled.

I glared at Michael and he just shrugged with a goofy grin on his face.

"Alright, frozen pizza sound fine?" My mom asked, walking back to the kitchen.

Michael's eyes widened and he nodded, plopping himself down on my couch. I walked over and sat down next to him, shaking my head.

"What are you doing? We could've gotten pizza on the way." I laughed.

"I like your house. It's cozy." He said, putting his feet up on the coffee table.

He was really making himself at home. It was weird to think that Luke hasn't even been in my house, besides my room, yet Michael has. We waited about fifteen minutes before the pizza was done and Michael basically raced to the dinner table. He sat down and had a big grin on his face as my mom gave him a slice.

"Enjoy, guys." My mom smiled.

I smiled back and took a slice for myself as I watched Michael demolish his first slice.

"Dude, slow down. I don't want you throwing up while you're driving." I laughed.

He smiled and started to slow down with his chewing.

"So, there's this girl that I like, do you think you could hook me up?" Michael said, mouthful of pizza.

"Why would I be able to 'hook you up'? Do I know her?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, I see you walking with her all the time. Josie?" He asked.

I nearly spit out my pizza at the mention of my best friend. I haven't spoken to her much recently, but the night of the incident with Luke I saw her briefly at the hospital. She caught me up with everything in her life and I told her everything about mine. I missed her, actually.

"You like Josie?" I asked, grinning.

"Yeah, she's cute. Plus she likes like, everything I like. I talk to her in my science class and she is unbelievably smart, I'm sad that we only have about two months of school left because then I won't be in her class anymore." He explained.

He took another bite of his pizza as I smiled at him.

"You like Josie!" I teased.

"Shut up, can you just. Y'know. Set us up?" He laughed.