fourteen ≫ the jump.

It's been about a month since Luke came back to school and it's been horrible. He's been skipping class almost every day and his grades are at an all time low. Even when he comes to class, he only comes to see me. School was not a good idea, it's only made him angrier, sadder, and a lot more stressed.

The problem is that his mom can't do anything about it because Luke won't tell her what's wrong. About the bullying and the stress that it's putting on him. He hasn't even been home apparently; he's told me he goes out at night because he can't stand all of the questions his mom asks him. When he talks to me about being strong and that the kids don't bother him, he sounds so confident about what he's saying. But I know that he's just as scared as I am.

"Luke.." I started, as I got into his car.

Since Luke didn't go to school, he liked to pick me up considering he didn't have anything better to do.

"If you're going to ask me to come back to school, no." He snapped.

I stayed silent and played with my fingers out of nervousness. Luke's been so angry recently and it's actually starting to scare me.

"We're going to be seniors next year.. I just don't think it's smart-"

"Jasmin, don't tell me what's smart and what's not. I know what I'm fuckin' doing." He said, harshly.

Finally, he pulled up to my house and I quickly got out of the car and slammed the door. He was being such an ass lately, and I was only trying to help!

I slammed down my backpack on the floor and felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

LUKE; [ why'd you storm off? ]

I sighed and sat down on my bed, phone in hand.

ME; [ why have you been so mean to me lately? ]

I put the phone down only to hear it buzz a few seconds later.

LUKE; [ what?! i haven't! ]

ME; [ yes you have! i'm so sick of it luke ]

Technically, this was Luke and I's first fight. And I hated every aspect of it. I hated that we were fighting, I hated that it was over text, I hated that it was because he was being a dick. I hate it.

LUKE; [ well if you're so sick of it why don't you just leave me ]

My heart sank in my chest and I sighed. He knows I wouldn't leave him over something so petty like this. He's just being stubborn.

ME; [ i'm not going to leave you ]

It took a while for his reply, and I started to get worried. An hour passed and it was now 4:30. What if he leaves me because I'm complaining?

LUKE; [ i'm coming over ]

ME; [ wait wHAT ]

I threw my phone on my bed and started to clean up, and right when I finished I heard the sound of someone coming up the ladder on the side of my window. Before I knew it, I saw Luke on the outside of my window asking to come in. I walked over and slid open the window.

"We need to talk." He said.

Something changed in him. I can tell, he wasn't being forceful. I could see fear, and hurt in his eyes.

"What happened?" I asked, leading him over to my bed.

He sat down and I sat down right next to him. He looked at me in the eyes for a split second and then down to his hands.