thirty-four ≫ just, gone.

"Jasmin..? You're zoning." Luke chuckled, hands firmly clutching the steering wheel.

I'd been staring out of the passenger side window ever since I said that I had to talk about something with Luke. I sighed and closed my eyes for only a short moment, before reluctantly opening them and glancing in his direction. My heart was warning me not to tell him, but my brain was commanding me to.

"The night, when you and your band played in the Echoplex.. remember when Michael and I went into that other room? Right before the show?" I asked calmly.

My heartbeat was racing, but at times I did well under pressure; now being an example of one of those times.

"Yeah, I do. Why?"

His voice became curious, scared, and concerned all at once and it worried me how he could portray all of those emotions with just four simple words. The words I wanted to say were stuck in the back of my throat, clawing and fighting their way up to no avail. I couldn't choke, we were so close to home. I guess I wasn't doing so well under pressure now.

"Jasmin? What's wrong?" Luke said, slightly panicked.

I shook my head and took a deep breath, this wasn't supposed to be this hard. When I thought about this moment time and time again, I'd thought out every word carefully. I usually do that, and it's a bad habit, but it usually helps in situations like these.

Luke pulled up into my driveway. We arrived home. This was my last chance.

"Michael and I.." I trailed off.

I dared to look over to Luke who was blankly staring out of the front window.

"He kissed me.. on the lips. And it's not all his fault because-"

Luke looked at me with the most pained look I've ever seen on him. His deep, blue eyes became a dull gray and his expression was that of a dead man. He was clenching his jaw and I think that was because he was holding back from yelling at me. He opened his mouth to say something, but let his mouth close slowly as if he didn't want to say anything else. He then turned his attention back to look out of the window, and the lump in my throat was enlarging by the second.

"You kissed him back." He said flatly.

I reached out and put a soft hand on his shoulder, but right away he used his hand to take it off and set it back down in my lap. Then, he took a deep breath.

"Okay." He said.

And that's all he said, before he got out of the car and walked straight to his. No goodbye's, no 'I love you'.

"Wait, Luke-"

"Y'know, for someone who's fixed me over and over again, you sure know how to break me." He spat, voice shakier than ever.

With that, he got into his car and slammed the door after him. The driver's door of the car I was in was left open, and that's what I watched him out of. He sped away faster than I could react to his words, and I sat there, in my mom's van, unable to move for a good five minutes.

"What did I do." I muttered, putting my head in my hands.

My mind was racing with questions I had no answers for. Was that a break up? Does he hate Michael now? Am I ever going to see him again?

Where is he going?

That question bothered me the most. My mind went to one place, a place I hadn't been to for a long while and hoped I'd never have to again. He wouldn't do it again, would he? I started getting lightheaded just thinking about it.