forty-two ≫ @5SOS

"Ashton's house? .. Yeah, that'd be fine .. What do you mean bring food? We can just order pizza," Luke laughed, nodding over to Michael who responded with a smile.

"We'll be over in a few," Luke confirmed, hitting 'end call' on his phone and slipping it back in his pocket.

He walked over to the key basket that his family had beside the door and grabbed his car keys, then checked his hair in the mirror conveniently locatated above the key basket. "You guys up to hang with Cal and Ash?" He asked Michael and I.

I scrunched my eyebrows, "We're not just gonna stay in your house without you, ya goof."

Michael laughed and Luke sarcastically rolled his eyes as he was walking over to me. I was standing comfortably against the wall beside the front door. Michael was sitting on the floor next to me because he was getting tired of standing, which was okay, but he'd started to play with my shoelaces and lean against my leg so I lightly tapped him on the head and he stopped. Luke still didn't like it very much when other guys- not just Michael- touched any part of me, and I didn't want Luke to see what he was doing and get all pissy again. You'd think that Luke being constantly jealous would get annoying, and it did, trust me. But honestly, most of the time I liked it. I liked Luke being protective over me, because he was so cute about it.

I flinched as Luke poked my belly making him laugh quietly as he grabbed my hand, and used the other hand to pull Michael up to a standing position. We headed towards the front door and I could hear Luke's car keys dangling in his hand.

"Want me to drive?" Michael offered.

I've only recently discovered that Michael has a small obsession with driving, and I've never asked him why. My guess is that he only recently got his license, which is also why Luke won't let him drive. At least not with himself and I in the car.

"No, I'm driving. And Jas gets shotgun-"

"Again?" Michael whined.

No one said anything else after what Michael said, there was just a small burst of giggles and we were out the front door. The drive to Ashton's house isn't the longest, so we didn't get to play a lot of songs on the way there. I didn't mind a whole lot. I just liked watching Luke tap his fingers on the steering wheel, and watching him mouth the lyrics as he drove.

Michael sighed as soon as we pulled up into Ashton's driveway and got out quickly. Luke got out soon after and walked to my side to wrap an arm around me as I got out of the car.

"You guys are disgusting." Michael sarcastically grimaced, earning a chuckle from Luke. Jealousy at its finest.

Ashton answered Michael's loud knocks on his wooden door and politely invited us in. As soon as I crossed the threshold of the door, I was greeted with a hug even though Luke's arm was around me.

"I've missed you so much! We should really hang out more." Emma said, as cheery as ever.

Luke's arm was no longer around my waist, but instead he was hugging Annabelle. At first, I was confused. Then I remembered that Luke knew Annabelle from when he was enrolled in Canyon Ridge. They were asking each other how things were going, and I could tell that Annabelle was still in the institution from her facial expressions. I looked to Ashton who was looking at her with one of the most endearing looks I've ever seen him give but I couldn't help think 'poor Ashton'. He has to deal with the one he loves in a place much colder and unwelcoming than his arms, and he could only see her every so often. It's hard to believe that was me at one point.

I saw Ashton snap out of the trance that his girlfriend put him in and look around at the rest of us. "Anyone want anything to eat?"

"I thought we were going to order pizza," Michael reminded us.