three ≫ skype call.

I reached over for his hand and lightly intertwined mine with his. His skin was cold, but when our hands came together, he didn't feel cold anymore. We were both walking through the streets of LA at dusk, and it sounds dangerous, but with Luke I felt safe. I looked over to him and his skin was smooth in the darkness but his nose was turning a pinkish color from the cold. He wore a blue beanie and a large black sweater, with black skinny jeans. He turned to me and grinned.

"Jasmin, have I ever told you I love you?" Luke said.

I laughed and continued to smile at his words.

"Yes, millions of times Luke. I never get tired of hearing it though.." I sighed.

He bent down while walking and pecked my cheek.

"Why the sigh?" He pouted.

"I don't tell you that I love you enough. I love you, Luke." I shrugged.

He chuckled and stopped walking. His hands grabbed my shoulders, and he turned me to face him.

"You don't need to say it. You show it. Everything you do for me.. it's all because you love me. Hell, I feel like I don't say it enough." He laughed at the ground.

He brought me in for a hug and I didn't protest. His arms were tightly wrapped around my back and my arms were firmly wrapped around his waist. He smelt of mint and coffee, probably from the starbucks we just came from. His head bent down to kiss my head, and as he did that he said,

"You make me happy."

I drifted back to reality once I started to wake up, I rubbed my eyes. I turned my head to check the clock, and it said 9:00. I'd better get up now.

I'm not sure how to feel about that dream. I mean, I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed it. Luke, as of right now, is a friend. If I'm dreaming this way about him, doesn't that mean I want more? Or is my brain just messing with me?

I picked out a black t-shirt, and black sweatpants. I straightened my hair, and brushed my teeth, all in preparation for Luke.

I was finally finished by 9:45, with fifteen minutes to spare. I walked back to my room, walked over to my phone, and checked it. No messages. I put it back down and sat at the computer, waiting for my skype to boot up. My phone's text tone went off and I turned my head to it. Standing up and walking over to my bedside table to where it was, I saw it was a text from Luke.

LUKE; [ ready? :D ]

I replied with a 'yes!' and closed my phone, setting it down once again. I walked over to my computer, which had fully loaded skype already. It said I had a friend request, and it was from 'luke_is_a_penguin'. I giggled at his name and accepted it, and waited for him to call me.

The screen showed that he was trying to call me, and I took in a deep breath, and let it out. This was it.

I clicked Answer.

I immediately saw Luke's smiling face looking into the camera. He looked so happy, and he was staring right at his screen. I looked to his background, which was an all-white room. His bed was all white, the walls were white, and his floor was white. It sure looked like a mental institution.

"Hey, Jasmin!" He exclaimed.

Woah, his voice. It was a lot deeper than I expected.

"Hi, Luke!" I beamed.

He started to laugh and covered his mouth with his hands, which I found adorable.

"I'm sorry," he was saying, smiling wide, "I just can't believe this is happening!"

He managed to calm himself down, but was still grinning slightly. He fixed his fringe with his hand and cleared his throat. I was still smiling.

"So.." He was still smiling.

"So.. how're you doing?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"I feel a lot better now, thanks for asking." He grinned.

Silence. This was awkward.

"...are we gonna talk about first period?" He added on.

I blushed and shrugged.

"If you'd like, then yeah."

"Well, um, sorry for staring at you. A lot. I don't know why I do it honestly.."

"It's okay, really. I find myself doing it too.. and I like it. When we do it back and forth. I like making you smile."

He looked at the camera and bit his lip, causing more butterflies in my stomach. He took a breath in and out, like I did before I pressed answer.

"I'd like to get to know you better, Jasmin." He said smiling.

I tried not to smile as big as I did, but failed. As soon as I smiled, he smiled too. I brought my hand up to my face to cover up my embarrassingly huge smile, but as soon as I did that he shook his head.

"Don't cover up your smile, I like it. A lot." He looked at his hands in his lap when he said that.

I let my hand fall to my lap and nodded my head.

"I'd like to get to know you better, too."

His face lit up and he looked around his room, laughing quietly to himself. I don't think he knew I could hear him, but he whispered "I can't believe this" to himself.

Someone came into the room behind him and Luke's head snapped to the door.

"Luke, time's up. Off the computer." The young man at the door said.

Luke turned back to me and back to the man.

"Can I say bye?" He asked.

"Sure, but make it quick."

The man walked out of the room and Luke turned back to me.

"I guess that's it for today.. sorry for not being able to talk for longer." He said.

His smile was gone and his voice started to lose it's life. I think this was the Luke everyone else saw.

"Luke, hey. It's okay. We have tomorrow and the next day and the next. We'll still talk. Maybe I can even visit you one day." I reassured him.

The smile that I loved was back.

"Okay. Okay! I'll see you, Jasmin. Bye!" He said.

After that, the connection was lost, and he was gone. And I was ecstatic.

//

juke is my otp ok