twenty-seven ≫ false betrayal.

Friday. The day that everyone is supposed to be happy and excited about the upcoming two days of break. Everyone was, except me.

I was terrified.

That might be a little bit exaggerated- I'm nervous; nervous to the point where I feel terrified. I'd planned to see Luke today, seeing as he has a concert tomorrow and being the good girlfriend that I am, wanted to make sure he was okay. I was scared to see how he was doing considering he had a panic attack last time I was around to tell him about the news. I know that Luke can handle as many people as the Echoplex could hold, and maybe even more; I think he was doing a bit of overthinking. Which is why I decided to go over today.

I just needed to get past today's day of school. Currently, I'm being driven there by my mom. It occurred to me that she had no idea I was even going to a concert tomorrow, so best bet would be to tell her now since she's in a sort of cheery mood.

"Mom?" I spoke up from the passenger seat.

She turned to me with a smile on her face; she was definitely in a good mood. "Yes?"

"So, Luke's band is having a concert for pretty much the first time tomorrow.. would you have a problem with me going?" I asked, slightly biting my lip out of nervousness.

Thankfully, the look on her face was more than compassionate.

"Not at all, Jasmin. I think it's a cool idea." She grinned.

I mentally cheered and thanked her a couple times. Now, I was nervous, terrified, and also excited. Come to think of it, my mom was really nice when it came to Luke and I had not the slightest idea why. She hasn't even met him correctly, from what I can remember.

"When are you going to properly meet him?" I asked, fiddling with my backpack strap.

"Whenever he gets out of the institution for good." She answered clearly, as if she'd thought about it before. Which I'm sure she has, considering I talk about him a lot.

I nodded. "That might be a while." I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

We were about half way to school now, the traffic slowly getting on my nerves. It was dead silent in the car, as usual. My mom and I rarely talked in the morning, we were both usually so tired. This morning, however, was different. Like I had said before, I was nervous, and it was kind of difficult to be tired and nervous at the same time. I was excited as well, though, because I'm going to a concert tomorrow- not only a concert, but my boyfriend's concert.

Like usual, we turned onto the school street and there was light traffic; we got there in time, thankfully. I sighed, grabbed my bag, and opened the car door.

"See you after school, hun!" My mom said, before I smiled and closed the door.

Right as I walked into the school, I saw Michael sitting alone against one of the buildings. At first glance, I furrowed my eyebrows because usually Michael was sitting with Josie somewhere. I walked up to him, and as I got closer, I saw that he was crying.

"Michael?" I said, rushed.

I quickly dropped my bag and sat down next to him, hugging him.

"Michael, what's wrong?" I asked, rubbing his sweater-covered shoulders.

He wasn't crying hysterically; he was just staring silently at his knees, which were pushed up against his chest. The tears rolling down his pink cheeks were starting to fall and soak into his dark sweater. He sniffed and wiped his nose, clearing his throat after. He glanced at me for a split second before turning away again.

"She left me." He plainly said.

I was too shocked to respond right away, plus not a second after he said that, he pulled out his phone to show me the texts in which him and Josie broke up.