twenty-two ≫ confusion.

"Jasmin.. Jasmin.."

Who was in my room and why were they trying to wake me up? I shook my head 'no' without opening my eyes and turned around to face the wall; my arms were dangling off of my bed in the small space between the bed and the wall. I was really tired.

"JASMIN!"

I jerked roughly and fell out of bed into the small gap. Laughter erupted from what I could now gather was Michael.

"Dick!" I yelled, trying not to laugh.

His face turned a bright red color from laughing so hard and I was still in the gap next to my bed.

"Michael. I'm stuck." I calmy said.

More laughter.

"Michaaaaeeel.." I groaned.

"Alright, alright."

He climbed over my bed and grabbed my hand, pulling upwards. Once I was safely standing on my bedroom floor, my cheeks turned red due to Michael seeing me in my pajamas.

"Why so blushy?" He asked, walking over to my desk.

I scoffed and sat back down on my bed as he sat down in my desk chair. He grabbed my pad of paper that was laying on my desk and surveyed it with an eyebrow raised.

"'Luke Robert Hemmings, crown doodle, heart doodle'. You're such a teen girl."

I sighed and fell back onto my bed. Why was he even here? How did he even get in here, I mean I didn't think my mom would allow a boy up into my room.

"Did my mom let you up here?" I yawned.

"Yes. She thinks I'm lovely."

"She said lovely? Dear lord."

We both laughed and then it got awkwardly quiet. I sat up to make sure he was still there, and he was. He was smiling down at his phone, probably texting Josie.

"Um.. so, like, why are you here?"

He looked up from his phone and shrugged.

"It's Saturday, we should like. Y'know. Get Luke and go to the music studio thing."

"OH! We're doing that today?"

He nodded. I knew I forgot something. After I came home from Canyon Ridge that Wednesday night with Ashton, I made sure to text all of the boys about Luke saying that he could be released all day on weekends. They all replied with positive feedback, but I didn't know that they were planning it to be this Saturday. I was totally unprepared. But, I was also glad because I got to see Luke all day today.

Michael got up from my desk chair and started walking towards the door.

"So, I'm gonna leave you to get ready, make it quick okay? We have to get Ashton as well."

I nodded at him and smiled as I thought about Ashton coming with us. On the drive home back from the institution, he wouldn't stop talking about the girl named Annabelle. He talked about how much fun she was to talk to and how they're writing letters to each other now. Which, like he said to me, he thinks is cute. I do think they're cute together; I just don't think Ashton knows how painful it is to love someone who's locked away.

By the time I was done thinking about Ashton and Annabelle, I was already changed out of my pajamas and basically all ready to go. I grabbed my phone and walked down the stairs before getting halted by my dad at the bottom.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

I paused for a second. Did he even know I had a boyfriend? Or different friends for that matter? I opened my mouth to talk and was cut off by my mother thankfully interjecting.

"She's going to hang out with some friends. She'll be fine."

I smiled at her and then nodded at my dad as he let me through to get to the front door. I yelled to them that I loved them and then closed our giant front door behind me; Michael was already waiting on the curb. I walked up and opened the door, taking a seat next to where Ashton would be sitting once we pick him up. I saw Josie in the car as well.

"Hi!" I said to Michael and Josie.

A clutter of greetings came from them.

"Calum and Emma are-"

Josie turned around from the passenger seat to face me.

"Taking their own car. Yeah."

Josie always managed to finish my own sentences. I grinned at her and she grinned back, turning back around. Michael started driving to Ashton's house and I happily looked out of the window. It was a really hot day, seeing as it's basically summer and school was ending. I was wearing a cute pair of maroon shorts and a white tank top. I looked over to Michael and he had pants on. I don't think I've ever seen him where shorts in his life.

Shortly after leaving my house, we ended up at Ashton's. Luckily Michael had Ashton's number in his phone so he just texted Ashton that we were here. Soon enough Ashton walked out of his door with a black tank top and dark purple shorts. But, y'know, the boy shorts that go almost down to your knee. He had a pair of sunglasses on and a giant grin on his face as he got in the backseat with me.

"Excited to see Annabelle?" I playfully hit Ashton's arm.

He smiled and shrugged.

"Yeah. Yeah, I am." He answered.

Michael pulled out of his driveway and made some short, pointless small talk. After a couple minutes of silent driving, Michael turned on the radio.

"Actually, Michael, here.." I said.

I handed him a cable to plug into his car that I can also plug into my phone, and I saw Ashton grin in the corner of my eye. I turned to him and handed him the phone, and half-expected him to pick a song that he could sing to. My expectation was fulfilled when he picked If These Sheets Were States by All Time Low. Though it wasn't my favorite song by them, Ashton ended up singing it well. And by the end of the song, I even heard Michael singing a little bit too.

》》》》》

"We're here to sign out Luke for a day?" Michael asked the dangerously frail-looking lady at the front.

She looked at him with a confused scowl.

"Luke can't be taken out, he's on floor two." She snapped.

"No, see, last time we were here he was on floor-"

"He is on floor 2, he cannot be signed out. Have a good day."

Michael glared at the old lady before sitting down with us at the waiting room.

"Apparently, we can't check Luke out because he's on the second floor." Michael mimicked the old lady.

"What?" I said, confused.

I looked around at our group (which was Josie and Michael, Emma and Calum, Ashton, me). If Luke is back on the second floor.. does that mean he's doing worse than before? Luke was doing so well and I can't imagine him being bad again.

》》》

sorry for the very short chapter

but cliffhanger oOooO

until next time guys (-: