eleven ≫ band practice.

As we were driving to Ashton's house, Luke actually seemed very happy. He cranked up the radio, he was singing and tapping the steering wheel along to the song. If I didn't know him, I'd say he didn't belong in that mental institution.

"You're acting so hyper and.. well, happy. What's gotten into you?" I laughed.

He turned to glance at me in the drivers seat and chuckled.

"I have no clue, I'm guessing it's because I'm with my favorite girl, going to see my best friends, about to do the one thing I love the most: sing and play guitar." He explained.

I nodded and smiled, like I said, I love when he's happy.

"How far until Ashton's house?" I asked.

"About.. one Green Day song!" He laughed, while feeding a CD into the car stereo. It was Green Day's 'Dookie'.

He started to sing along to Basket Case and it made me sing along too.

》》》》》

"Nervous?" I asked.

We were standing on Ashton's porch, waiting for him to answer the door. I had to admit, I was nervous.

"Not really. You?"

"Yeah, a bit." I chuckled.

"Why?"

I was about to answer, when Ashton swung open the door.

"Hi Luke! Hi Jasmin! Come in!" He exclaimed.

His house was very clean and actually quite snug. A little boy, I'm assuming his little brother, was running around with a toy airplane in his hand.

"Harry!" Luke cheered.

The little boy looked to Luke and ran up to hug him.

"Hi Luke!" The little boy, or Harry, said.

"Is that your girlfriend?" He asked.

Luke laughed slightly at Harry's words and leaned down so that Harry could lean into his ear to whisper, "She's so pretty."

I blushed immediately and tried not to giggle.

"I know, right?" Luke laughed.

He snaked his arm around my waist and we walked through the rest of the house. Ashton led us to a room in the far corner of the house, where drums and amps were set up. Calum and Michael were sitting down on a sofa, scrolling through their phones. Luke cleared his throat to get their attentions.

"Lucas!" Michael greeted.

"Oi, you brought Jasmin!" Calum smiled.

I shyly smiled at all of them and Luke guided me to a sofa. He then went up to the rest of the boys and started whispering, he was obviously being secretive about something.

"What're you telling them?" I asked, giggling.

"Don't be so nosy, Jasmin." Ashton said, sarcastically.

I raised my eyebrows and smiled to myself. From where I was sitting, there was a perfect view of the whole band. Luke was right in front of me, Calum was off to my right, and Michael was off to my left. Ashton was, as usual, in the back. They all went to their places and couldn't stop smiling.

"What's so funny?" I questioned.

"Nothing, Jasmin. Sh." Michael laughed.

I huffed while sitting back into the sofa. Luke walked up to the mic and held it to his lips with his right hand.

"Um, so, I wrote this song recently. And I feel like this would be the perfect time to play it. The boys have been working on it while I've been in Canyon Ridge, and my inspiration for this song is sitting right in front of me, smiling like an idiot." Luke said into the mic.

I couldn't help but let my jaw drop open and my eyes grow wide. My cheeks were now a fiery red, and I was in utter awe. He made a whole song, with me as inspiration?

"The title of this very special song is called, You're My Cure." He added.

I put my hands over my mouth to cover up my embarrassingly gigantic grin. I couldn't help it, I was on the verge of screaming and crying at the same time. I didn't know what was going on inside my head, all I knew was that I wanted to hear this song now.

It started off with a slow, rhythmic beat from Ashton's drums. Luke started to sing and I was blown away, I mean, I've heard him sing. I haven't heard him sing this seriously or with this much passion, however. Then, Michael came in with a steady guitar riff. That's when Luke's voice started to really get loud and meaningful. Calum and Luke both started playing their instruments at the same time. The whole band playing right in front of me was the best sight, and they were beyond amazing. I had no idea my own boyfriend had this much talent, it was insane.

Eventually, like all songs, it had to come to an end. I hadn't noticed, but by the end of the song, I was crying. The lyrics were centered around our first conversation to our first touch, it was beautiful. Once the song ended, I quickly sprung up from the couch and hugged Luke tightly.

"Did you like it?" He laughed.

"I loved it, dumbass!" I laughed.

All of the boys started laughing along and I pulled away from the hug.

"Was this the song you've been writing this whole time?" I asked.

"Yeah, I hope you liked it, I worked really har-"

"Luke, I loved it. Thank you." I interrupted him, with a smile.

I leaned in and pecked his cheek sweetly.

"Ew, get a room." Michael joked.

"Shut up, Clifford." Luke laughed.

I walked back to the couch and sat back down while the boys shut off the amps and microphones.

"Y'know, you don't seem depressed." Calum said to Luke.

Luke shrugged and lifted the guitar off of himself.

"I mean, I don't feel like I am either. I genuinely don't." He chuckled.

"That's great! So, like.. How do you get out? Of like the hospital?" Ashton asked.

Luke shrugged again. He walked over to where I was sitting and sat right next to me.

"I think my monthly evaluation's coming up, so maybe if I check off as 'well' then they'll let me go? I don't know." Luke explained.

"So you'll be able to come back to school?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, Jas. I'll be able to see you everyday." He said, while hugging my waist with one arm.

I smiled at the thought of being able to see Luke every single day, and then I felt the most sense of pride in myself for being able to help bring him out of his depression simply by loving him to my greatest ability.

》》》

will luke be able to leave the mental hospital?

we'll see (: