twenty-eight ≫ independence.

"Alright, you can watch me play first, and then I'll teach you. Sound good?"

I nodded and watched Luke get up from his seat next to me and fiddle with the tuning pegs. His cherry red guitar was already slung around his neck, and as I saw that I realized I'd never noticed how broad Luke's shoulders were. He started to play the start of a song that I couldn't quite name at first, and then it hit me.

"Voodoo Doll?" I smiled, guessing the song correctly.

Smiling at me, he put his jet black guitar pick between his pearly white teeth and ran his fingers through his hair. "Wanna play a game?" He smirked.

He played the beginning of all the songs on the EP, and I guessed all of them correctly. It was a pretty easy game seeing as there were only a couple songs.

"You're going to do perfect. I don't want you to be stressed about this, okay?" I said, looking up at him with a serious face.

He smiled so small that I almost didn't catch the corners of his mouth curving upwards, but it was there. "Thanks." He said.

After he ended the last song's beginning, he lifted the guitar over his head, and held it to his side by gripping the neck.

"Your tuuurn!" He laughed, holding out the instrument to me.

I huffed sarcastically as I stood up from my position on Luke's bed, coming closer to him and his guitar. Once I was within arms reach, he gently lowered the guitar strap over my head, placing a kiss on my forehead in the process.

"Alright.." He mumbled, walking behind me.

He wrapped his arms around to put his hands in the same position as if he was about to play it; both of his large hands over mine. His chest was pressed lightly against my back, making me slightly blush; not that he could see.

"So.. Wait which song are we playing?" He chuckled, his chest vibrating my back.

"I wanna learn You're My Cure. Or at least the beginning." I blurted.

All he did was nod, slightly laugh, and hand me a guitar pick from his cluttered desk. He brought my fingers to where they were supposed to be, and told me which strings to strum. He was a good teacher; I learned the intro to the song in a mere fifteen minutes.

"Natural talent, wow." He marveled.

He was now sitting on the bed while I was standing - switched positions from just half an hour ago.

I'd started to become bored of playing the same intro countless times, so I (while struggling) took the instrument off of me and set it down carefully on his bed.

"I wanna learn more about your YouTube channel." I plainly said, sitting down next to him.

He immediately put his hand on my thigh as I sat down; he always had to be in contact with me and I loved it.

He groaned and started laughing out of embarrassment, putting both of his hands over his eyes. "Do we have to?" He laughed.

"Oh, c'mon. They can't be that bad, you've always been a little cutie." I giggled, poking his cheek.

He glanced at me and sighed. "If you want."

Then, he took hold of my hand and brought me up, and out of his room. He took us down the hall to what I assumed to be the games room. There was an old man playing digital cards on the only computer there, and I was afraid that we weren't going to be able to play his old videos, but Luke apparently knew everyone here.

"C'mon Leonard, you don't even know how to use a computer." Luke said, lightly nudging the old man.

"Shut up Luke! I know what I'm doing with this comput-erator." He grumbled, roughly slapping the side of the outdated computer.