two ≫ text hearts.

After a while of convincing Josie, I finally got her to tell me Luke's phone number. She said that he was only allowed on it for an allotted amount of time, and that his messages were tracked. It didn't matter to me; what mattered to me was that Luke was okay, because if I was what made him happy, how was he doing now?

I was in bed, about ready to go to sleep. This was when I was going to text him. I'm afraid to text him, though. What if the signals he'd been sending me were all wrong? What if I just make things worse for him? I decided to just text him, because I wanted to see if he was okay.

ME; [ hey, luke.. it's jasmin from first period. i got your number from josie.. (: ]

I pressed send, and the stress was killing me. I just realized that this is my first time that I've talked to Luke. Faster than I'd expected, Luke replied. There were millions of butterflies in my stomach and I caught myself smiling. I opened the message.

LUKE; [ oh.. hey (-: ]

I ended up smiling at his text.. this is a weird feeling. I didn't know what to type back; luckily he sent another text that read,

LUKE; [ why do you want to talk to me? i thought you didn't like me ]

Thought I didn't like him? How could he think that? We haven't even talked! I started to type back.

ME; [ why wouldn't I like you? I wanted to see if you were okay, because you hadn't been to class in a couple days.. ]

LUKE; [ i've been a bit sick lately.. i won't be back for a while. sorry ]

ME; [ it's okay.. i hope you feel better ]

LUKE; [ i felt a lot better once you started talking to me ]

LUKE; [ shit that was really cheesy ]

I laughed to myself and blushed.

ME; [ it's fine aha. it was cute ((: ]

LUKE; [ oh omg awesome (-: so um.. do you have a skype? ]

I tensed up and my heart rate increased. Is he asking to skype me?

ME; [ yeah i do lol (: it's jaaasmin, why? ]

LUKE; [ because i wanna skype someone since i'm gonna be stuck here for a while.. (-: ]

When I read that, I felt like I almost screamed. I'm finally going to be able to have my first actual conversation with Luke.. it's weird to think about. I'm really excited to skype him, though. He seems really nice.

ME; [ omg! that would be so much fun.. tomorrow morning? ]

LUKE; [ sounds good.. can we do it at around 10? i know it's early but that's what time they make me get up here.. ]

That sounds horrible.. but I'm starting to wonder if they allow visitors. And, if Luke would even want me to see him. Skyping sounded great though, so I accepted his offer.

ME; [ sure! see you then, i'm gonna go to sleep !! byee ]

I started to put my phone down, but got a text before I could.

LUKE; [ okay, see you (-: ]

I can't believe this is happening. He's literally the sweetest guy I've met in this town so far, and he's cute too. Also, the fact that I can make him happy makes me even happier. I can't wait to skype him tomorrow morning, because I'll finally get to hear his voice and how he looks when he talks. I don't know why that was important, but to me, it was.

The sound of my phone buzzing interrupted my thoughts. I reached back over to my phone and clicked the home button, it was a text from Luke again. I unlocked my phone and opened the message.

LUKE; [ btw can't wait to skype you tomorrow c: <3 ]

Wait, why did he send a heart? Did he really like me this much? My heart was racing when I replied to him.

ME; [ me too (: <3 ]

Maybe he meant it as a friend thing? I don't know, but I'll have to see tomorrow morning. I shut my eyes, and ended up dreaming about him too.

//

aww c: who ships Juke? :D