twenty-nine ≫ accidentally unfaithful.

The muffled taps of my vans on the floor of my bedroom increased as I paced from one side to the other. I tried not to make them that loud because my parents were still in the house, and if they heard me stomping around they'd probably worsen my punishment. Luckily, for now it was just me being grounded for a week. Not that bad of a punishment, if you ask me. Although, if they found out what I was planning in the next hour, the punishment would probably worsen by a lot.

Since I was basically banned from leaving the boundaries of my house, I decided I needed to take drastic measures. I promised Luke I'd be there, and I don't break promises. It's just not who I am. So, to make sure I made it to the concert, I texted Michael and asked him to wait in his car a block down from my house so I can quietly and safely sneak out through the attic window and book it to his van. I can't sneak out of my bedroom window anymore, because my dad hid the ladder. Thankfully, when I told Michael the whole story, he laughed and sarcastically called me a badass. Having Michael as a laid back friend was a good thing, a very good thing.

My phone buzzed in my jean shorts pocket, almost scaring me half to death. I scrambled to yank it out of my pocket to see a text from Michael. It simply said, [ here hurry up ].

I grabbed my bag that slings around my shoulder, checked my minimalistic makeup, and quietly stepped over to the attic stairs. I winced at every step, hoping not to make a creak noise. I didn't make a sound the whole way there, until Michael decided to text me right as I was about to head up the stairs to the attic. [ hurry up! ] it said.

My heartbeat quickened as I wondered if anyone heard the small buzz, but no one seemed to have heard so I was in the clear. I climbed up the steps, tried not to breathe in the dust-ridden air, and slowly walked over to the attic window. It was in the shape of an octagon, and had a rusty latch that none of my family have ever tried to open. Until now, of course.

I glanced out of the window and planned my escape route. Just outside of the window was a small part of my roof, in which I could climb off, jump down, and that's when I sprint to wherever Michael's van is. Seems like a good plan, I thought to myself. I unlocked the surprisingly easy latch with an audible click and squeezed out of the window, feeling the sunset breeze roll by my face.

It wasn't that hard getting down from the roof, thankfully. I got down in a mere two minutes, and then ran to the direction in which my parents wouldn't look. As soon as I rounded the corner, I slowed to a fast-walk seeing the band van that Michael had rented a few days before.

I sluggishly walked up to the window of the passenger seat, and waited until Michael rolled down the window, which didn't take long.

"You need a ride, pretty lady?" He said, laughing soon after.

"Shut up." I exhaled, opening the car door and shutting it as I got in.

"Your parents are taken care of?" He asked as we sped off.

"'Taken care of'. What do you mean?" I said, confused.

"Yunno. They won't find you gone."

I sighed, rubbing my temples. "I don't know, and I don't want to think about it. If they find out, they find out. I have to be there, for Luke." I said.

I saw him nod out of the corner of my eye. We were headed in the direction of Ashton's house, which was our first destination in picking the whole band up.

"Luke told me what happened with you and Josie. I'm sorry." Michael mumbled under his breath.

It was like his mood completely flopped around; he was sad again. I could hear the regret in his voice and I could tell that he was blaming himself. It clearly wasn't his fault - at least from my perspective.