twenty-four ≫ echoplex.

As I walked up to the table I usually eat lunch at with the rest of my group, I saw both Calum and Ashton laughing loudly at something most likely unimportant. Seriously - those boys laugh at anything and everything.

"Hey, boys." I greeted, sitting down next to Ashton.

They both greeted me with identical, tired hums, not even looking up from what they were doing. Typical behavior for a Monday. We were sat at one of the tables my school had on it's campus. Calum was sitting across from Ash and I, scrolling through something on his phone. Ashton was beside me eating a bag of chips (rather loudly). Usually, Michael and Josie met us here as well, but I hadn't seen them.

"Anyone know where Michael and Josie are?" I spoke up.

They both shook their heads; Calum kept scrolling and Ashton kept eating. It was pretty awkward.

As I thought about it, Michael and Josie were probably just having some alone time. Which wasn't abnormal for them, in fact they did it a lot.

"So, any plans for today?" I asked, hoping to get some sort of reaction other than a hum from either boy.

"I think Emma's coming over today, maybe." Calum mumbled, his eyes glued to his phone.

I nodded to myself. "Ahh, fun. What about you, Ash?"

He put down his now empty bag of chips and started fiddling with the wrapper by folding it into tiny squares. At least he was kind of engaged in our conversation.

"I was hoping to see Annabelle, actually. Are you going to see Luke today?" He asked.

"Not that I planned, no," I smiled, "you're going solo today, dude."

Ashton giggled his contagious giggle and looked up from the wrapper to say a quick thanks, to which I replied a quick welcome.

"So, what's the deal? Are you both dating now? I haven't even seen her yet, is she cute?" Calum spoke up.

I hadn't even realized that Calum had put down his phone and totally joined in on Ashton and I's little conversation.

"No, not just yet. I was actually going to ask her today. And yes; she's phenomenally beautiful. She just, y'know.. Can't see it." Ashton blushed.

Calum and I both 'awww'ed at the same time, although I think Calum's was sarcastic while mine was genuine.

"You two are cute together." I grinned.

All Ashton did was smile back at me. It was weird to think everyone in our group had a girlfriend or boyfriend, and then it got me thinking about how that probably won't last for long. Except for Luke and I; I can see spending forever with him.

"Oh, hey, Jas, what are you doing this Saturday?" Ashton asked excitedly.

A small laugh left my lips at his eagerness. "Not much, probably just homework. Why?"

Calum looked to Ashton and Ashton looked to Calum, and then Calum nodded. Why did it seem like this band had telepathy?

"I booked a gig, this Saturday, at the Echoplex!" Ashton exclaimed.

I paused, mildly confused at what Ashton had just told me. Booked a gig? As in, they were gonna play a concert, I assumed.

"You're playing at a place called the Echoplex?" I asked, grinning.

I had no idea what "the Echoplex" was, really. I'm guessing, since they're playing there, it's just a small venue. Nonetheless, I was beyond stoked for them.