twenty-one ≫ ashton.

"He's allowed to do everything he used to do again? Finally, those 'second floor rules' were bullshit."

I laughed at Michael's remark on the news about Luke. "I know, I hated them."

I looked over to him and he was softly chuckling at himself. His hand was intertwined with Josie's, and they were both occasionally glancing at each other, smiling. It made me wish Luke was released again, so I could hold his hand. Fortunately, though, he was put back onto the first floor.

Since it was close to the end of school, and most of us had unscheduled or pointless periods, the six of us decided to take the last period off and head over to the nearest mall. The six of us being, Michael and Josie, Emma and Calum, Ashton, and me. We weren't planning on buying anything, we were just walking around and talking. Occasionally, an adult would stare at us as if to say, 'shouldn't you be in school?'. It was funny.

"Oh, hey, guys. I have really cool news!" Emma smiled. "Remember how I said that my uncle owns this recording studio place?"

Everyone nodded in sync.

"Well, I talked to him and asked about reserving like, a day for you guys to record, and he said just to tell him what day would be good for you guys!"

I watched as Calum looked to Ashton, and Ashton looked to Michael, and Michael looked to Calum; all three boys had wide smiles across their faces.

"Alright, we'll talk to Luke about it sometime!" Ashton exclaimed.

Josie glanced over at me. "So, since he's allowed to have visitors everyday now, are you going to see him tonight?"

"I was planning on it, yeah. Anyone else wanna come?"

Everyone shook their heads no and I smiled. I knew they only said no to give us, Luke and I, alone time. Although, we really didn't need alone time. It was fun hanging out with the whole group.

"What about you, Ash? What're your plans for tonight? Got any?" I said, playfully nudging his arm.

He smiled, eyes crinkling. "Nope, nothing at the moment."

"Aha. Wanna come with me to see Luke?"

Emma and Calum turned a different direction than the rest of the group, and Calum turned around to look at us.

"We're gonna take a little walk, alright? We'll meet you guys later!"

The rest of us watched them walk off with their hands linked.

"Actually, you guys don't mind if we take a walk too?" Josie asked, speaking cautiously. "We'll meet back here soon."

I nodded and looked up at Ashton who was nodding as well. After that, Michael and Josie left, finally leaving the two of us alone. We started to aimlessly walk through the light crowd of the mall, not saying anything.

"Hey, do you wanna stop at the Hot Topic.. or something?" I smiled. "I haven't been there in a while."

He nodded and slightly smiled.

"So, you didn't answer my question."

"What question?"

I sighed sarcastically earning a small giggle from Ashton.

"Wanna come with me to see Luke? Since you aren't doing anything later?"

"Hm. Nah, it's okay. You guys deserve your space."

"Space? Ashton, it's perfectly fine. I actually want you to come along, c'mon, it'll be fun."

He hummed as he pretended to think about it. I laughed a little as he shrugged.