thirty-two ≫ home.

The more people knew about Michael and I, the more stress was on my shoulders. I'm supposed to trust Ashton and Michael not to tell? Who's to say Calum doesn't already know? I have a bad feeling that Luke wouldn't be getting the news from me, and that made my heart ache. I needed to be the one to tell him.

It'd been a full day since Ashton told me he knew about Michael and I, and yet I still had the same feeling in my stomach. Not that I didn't like the guy, but I was a bit scared to see Ashton that morning. Just for the plain fact that I didn't want to be judged.

While I was eating breakfast, my phone buzzed.

Luke: have a good day at school! i've got a surprise for you when you get home (-:

My stomach churned. It's gotten to the point that whenever I even talk to Luke, I get nervous. And not the, oh-my-god-he's-so-cute nervous. More like, he's-gonna-be-pissed-when-he-finds-out nervous.

Me: what's the surprise?? (-:

Luke: you'll seeeeee

I sighed, smiling.

Me: alriiiigght. well i gotta go to school, talk to you afterwards!!

I should've been excited for whatever the surprise was. I mean, it's pretty normal to be excited when your boyfriend says he has a surprise for you. All it did was stress me out.

There's so much on my mind and I feel like I need a release; a moment of silence in my head. I just don't know how to do that yet.

I looked down at my cereal and sighed again. It was time to go to school, where the only friends I have I can't even really talk to.

-

I found myself counting down the minutes until the final bell rang. It's like when I'm actually paying attention to the time, it goes slower.

Someone opened the classroom door behind me.

"The office needs Jasmin?"

I looked towards the back of the classroom and saw Michael, but he'd dyed his hair bright red. It made his skin look much more pale, in contrast to his lips which were always a vibrant redish-pink. When I looked at him, he looked straight at me.

My teacher looked suspicious, but still said, "Alright, go on Jasmin."

I knew that Michael wasn't the type of guy to help the office or do anything to help the school, so I knew that he wasn't serious when he said that the office needs me. I got up anyway, packing up all of my things (since school only had about ten minutes left), and I walked right out of the door without saying a word to Michael. I walked at a fast pace at least ten feet ahead of him; I could hear him walking.

"What do you want?" I asked, a tad bit annoyed.

He jogged up next to me to keep up.

"I just wanna talk," he said.

I stopped abruptly. "What could we talk about? About how you told Ashton and probably Calum, and maybe even Luke?"

At this point I wasn't even thinking, just letting my mind say whatever it needed to say.

"No, no. I'm sorry I told Ashton, I didn't tell anyone else. I wanted to talk to you about how you're going to tell Luke, because I know you're going to tell him." He finished.

I started walking at a slower pace; we both were heading towards the entrance of the school, basically ditching. I glanced up at Michael who was looking forward as he walked, and I noticed he'd gotten a lot taller. I mean a lot taller. He'd gotten a little bit skinner as well. And his hair, what the hell?