twenty ≫ floor one.

I've been delaying the journal entries to Luke for a while, but I just got home from school, and for some reason decided that today was the day I was going to write. I don't know why, but today was just a bad day. I woke up kind of sad, and I went through school kind of just there. The only thing I looked forward to the whole day was the thought of writing to Luke. I have a lot of these off days, and I have no idea why. They just happen, and they started once I entered high-school. Maybe it's just a thing that comes with growing up.

I entered my room and tossed my heavy backpack on my bed, watching it as it bounced and fell onto my pillows. Homework can wait, I thought.

I opened the small notebook to a blank page and grabbed my favorite mechanical pencil. I sat there for about ten minutes wondering how I was going to write this when literally nothing in my life is interesting. I mean, how could you expect it to be? I'm 16, almost 17, with nothing to do in a boring city. I just decided to start writing and whatever came into my mind is what I'd write down.

Tuesday

Hey, Luke. It's been about five or so days since I've seen you and it's been horrible. Well not horrible, it's been normal. Which is, in fact, horrible. I miss you.

While you've been secluded in the hospital, a lot of stuff has happened, y'know? Little things, that don't really seen important at first, but they are. Everything is changing. I can't tell if it's good.. or if it's bad. I never really can.

Michael and Josie went on their date. She called me right after and told me all about it, and to keep it short, it went well.

The long version is that, they went into the movie, and they actually held hands! Which I thought was cute. I don't know, I think they're pretty cute. Come to think of it, a lot of people do. Don't you?

Sad part is that they have a class together but there's only about a month left of school, so Michael's pretty bummed not to have her in his class anymore. Speaking of one month left, I'm excited. We're gonna be seniors, Luke.

I'm excited, and I'm also terrifed. Seniors.. I remember being a freshman and thinking that this was so far away. It's not and I've been freaking myself out over it. Which is why I'm happy and lucky to have you. The mere thought of you brings me back down to Earth when I'm drifting.

Anyways, I miss you. Sorry for writing so much..

I put my pencil down inside the book and shut it, leaving it on my desk in my room. I've written to Luke once this entire time and I feel pretty bad, but I think he should understand because much like his, my life is pretty boring. It's the same everyday; I wake up, go to school, learn, come home, attempt homework, and sleep. I'm glad the year's ending. I feel like my life's been a bore this year.

Except for when it actually comes to Luke. He makes my life interesting. He's brought these new people into my life, and they're all very nice. He gives me something to think about when I'm sad and I couldn't thank him enough.

I've read and reread his entries a bunch of times and I've come to the conclusion that his handwriting is adorable. He doesn't have the normal, boyish handwriting. I don't know how to describe it, but it's cute to me, and I like to read it. He also left tiny doodles next to his writing, which I understand because it's pretty boring where he is. He's drawn guitars, a bunch of music notes, hearts, and smiley faces. It was cute.

I heard my mom's footsteps trudging up the stairs towards my room and I turned around in my desk chair to face her. She had the house phone in her hand and a big grin was spread across her face, which could only mean good news.

"Luke's on the phone."

I tilted my head slightly at her piece of news. It's Tuesday, I thought Luke wasn't allowed on his phone, or any phone for that matter, on any day but a Thursday. It actually started to worry me for a bit, but I beckoned for my mom to bring me the phone anyway. The news couldn't be that bad, my mom was smiling after all.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Jasmin!"

He sounded very chirpy and that's when I became calm again.

"You sound very excited today, care to explain?"

We both laughed for a bit, it was nice to hear him laugh. Laughing meant he was happy, and happiness meant he was getting better.

"First off, how is my favorite girl?"

He sounded like he was unpacking things, which would explain why he also sounded like he was smiling.

"I'm doing just fine, now. So, the news?"

"I moved rooms! Again, I mean. I'm back to the first floor!" He beamed.

I gasped, smiling. I remember what the lady at the front desk had told me about the rules of the second floor, and how they were incredibly unfair. Now that he's back on the first floor, doesn't that mean he can do all of the stuff we used to do? Like skype, call, and text. And best of all, I can visit any day?

"Does that mean-"

"It means that I can do everything I used to do, yep!"

"That's great!" I said, standing up and pacing around my room.

"Yeah, I'm really happy because now I can skype you again.. I missed that. Anyways, I have to finish packing and stuff. Talk later?"

I sighed and sat down on my bed. I know that wanting Luke to talk to all day and all night was selfish, but I couldn't help it.

"Yeah, talk later. I love you!"

"Love you too, bye." He said, smiling.

"What was that about?" My mom said, smiling.

Whenever Luke and I talked, my mom always did that mom smile like, 'I'm proud of my daughter for having a boyfriend'. She also does the mom thing where she asks me a bunch of unnecessary questions about what literally just happened.

"He was transffered back to the first floor!" I grinned.

"Aww, that's great!" She said.

I nodded and looked at my backpack, sighing deeply. My mom looked at me and stifled a laugh.

"What?" I chuckled.

She laughed slightly. "You have homework."

She left the room laughing and I giggled to myself too; my mom was weird. At least she likes Luke.

》》》

yes i know its wednesday lol

haPPY BIRTHDAY LUCas

hope u enjoyed friends