eight ≫ restrictions.

"Hey!"

Luke's form appeared on my computer screen and he was thankfully smiling.

"Hi!" I chirped back into the screen.

He rested his elbows on the desk in front of him, and placed his chin in his hands.

"How's things?" He smiled.

I smiled back and shrugged.

"Not much, since I saw you yesterday." I laughed.

He laughed along and sat back in his chair. His hair was perfectly done up, and he was wearing his blue button up shirt that I'd bought for him a couple weeks ago. Smirking at me, he fixed his hair and cleared his throat.

"I wish you were here with me." He said lowly.

I nodded and swallowed the lump forming in my throat. Honestly, why is Luke able to do this to me?

"I asked Teresa, an attendant here, to let me borrow the guitar from the games room. I wanted to sing for you." He looked down at his hands and back to the camera, biting his lip.

My face lit up and I straightened my back in my chair, nodding.

"That sounds amazing, Luke." I said.

Luke started to turn away from the camera, I'm assuming to get the guitar.

"Cool! Okay. Lemme just get-"

Luke stared at his screen, eyes wide. I felt a breeze coming from the entrance of my room. I looked back and in the doorway stood my mother, glaring at me.

"What do you think you're doing?" She snapped.

"I- I was jus-"

I was stammering. My mom was giving me the death glare. This was so embarrassing.

"Yeah, you were just disobeying me! Turn that off!" My mom sarcastically waved goodbye at the camera, and Luke swallowed hard.

"Bye, Jas." He said, before disconnecting.

My heart dropped farther than it was before.

"Now, are you gonna tell me what the hell went wrong in your mind to let you think that this was okay? Why do you insist on not following the rules, Jasmin?" She questioned.

My mouth stayed shut and I just stared at her with my eyes, which were stinging. I had nothing at all to say, it would really only make it worse. She searched my face for an answer, an answer that she would never get. There wasn't a reason I was disobeying her that she would listen to.

"Well..?" She trailed off.

I blinked away the warm tears and wiped my face as they fell. I slightly shrugged and she threw up her hands and sighed.

"What am I gonna do with you, Jasmin?" She asked.

She stood there for a while, staring at me. I didn't like this. I hate this. She said nothing about skype, though in the back of my head, I knew there was a risk.

"I'm taking away your computer." She stated.

"No!" I retorted.

"Excuse me?"

I immediately regretted that. Rule one with my parents: never talk back.

"I'm definitely taking away your computer now. Say goodbye." She said.

She walked over to my laptop next to me, and unplugged the charger. She closed the screen, picked it up with both hands, and quickly walked out of my room. And she was gone.