thirteen ≫ school sucks.

Jasmin's POV

Monday. Worst day in the whole week, according to me at least. But today, I woke up with a smile for a change because today was the day that Luke was coming back to school.

I was excited to see him back in class, and to see his slightly crooked smile directed at me. Even though we only have one class together, it's more than none, and I couldn't be more grateful.

The thing that I'm worried about the most are the people that have been questioning me the entire time Luke's been gone. It seems as if the people at my school have no social filter in their brains and they all say the first thing that comes to their mind without thinking it over, and I don't want to have to hear that Luke's being interrogated on where he's been these past few months.

"Jasmin? C'mon, we're gonna be late!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

I sighed and reluctantly slung my backpack over my shoulder. It was so heavy due to the fact that we don't have lockers at our school, and have to carry all of our books ourselves. I trudged downstairs and tiredly slipped on my black vans, dreading the rest of the day.

My mom held open the door for me as I walked outside to the car, and got in as soon as my mom unlocked it. She got into the drivers seat and started up the car. Usually I'd be driving myself to school, but she has to go to work anyway, so she just drops me off on the way there.

"So, Luke's gonna be there today, huh?" My mom asked as we drove to my school.

"Yeah. First time in a while." I replied.

She slowly nodded and kept driving. I told her about the whole Luke situation recently so every now and then she's asks me how he's doing. She really wants to meet him, which I don't mind, it's Luke I'm worried about.

Before I knew it I was leaving my mom's car and walking onto my school campus. I was about five minutes early so I was hoping to catch Luke before we had to go to class. As I walked up to our first period classroom, I only saw two figures. One, a lanky, tall, awkward looking boy. Two, a short, popular looking girl. Once I got close enough, I could see the boy was Luke and the girl was Addison, a scarily stereotypical popular girl.

I didn't get close enough to hear what was being said but as soon as Addison saw me coming, she made a disgusted face and walked off. It's not a big deal, she looks at everyone that way.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked Luke.

I could already tell what she was talking to him about from his facial expression. I'm not saying Luke isn't a tough guy, but when it comes to his depression, he's really sensitive about it.

"She..," he gulped, "she just asked me how I tried to kill myself and why it didn't work."

He looked at me with eyes full of fear and I could see him come to the realization that this will happen to him a lot now. He shuffled into me and hugged me, and I buried my face into his neck.

"Missed you." I quickly whispered.

He leaned away and forced a small smile at me. Maybe school wasn't such a great idea just yet.

"Hey, just don't think about it. I'm here, you'll be okay. Everything's okay." I reassured him.

He nodded silently and sighed. I couldn't help but remember how excited he was to be at school last time I saw him, and now that he knows that he's going to be asked about his recent past, I could see the dread in his eyes.

I slipped my hand into his and gave it a slight squeeze, as if to say that I'm there for him. He squeezed back slightly and rubbed his thumb over my hand, which was a nervous habit of his.

"Thanks." He shyly smiled at me.

The bell rang for school to start, so we walked into class still holding hands. That is, until he had to go to his seat and I had to sit down in mine. People starting filing into the classroom one by one and eventually the classroom was full of students again. Luke was, as usual, looking down at his hands on his desk as the teacher told everyone what they would be doing today.

"We're doing a group activity today- no, you don't get to choose your own groups. The maximum is four to a group, and I'll call out the groups right now." Our teacher said, making everyone in the class buzz with excitement. Except Luke.

Luke looked at me as soon as the teacher said we don't get to choose our group partners. I mouthed the words, "it's okay", making him take a breath and listen up for his name.

"Jasmin, Rose, Ryan, and Thomas." I heard the teacher say, making my hopes drop. Luke's not in my group.

I waited to hear who's group Luke was in, and I couldn't believe who our teacher put him with.

"Cole, Addison, Lauryn, and Luke." The teacher said.

I'll make this short and sweet- Cole and Addison are the two most popular people in this class. They also are the two most obnoxious, douchey people in this class.

Now, I was worried about Luke.

I left my group for a quick second and walked up to my teacher's desk.

"Yes, Jasmin?" He said.

"Well, um, I was just wondering if um.. if you could put me into Luke's group somehow? He just came back from um.. the hospital. And he doesn't really know anybody in that group-"

"No, I said you don't get to pick your groups. Get back to yours, Jasmin." He snapped.

I sighed and walked back to my group.

"Why'd you try to change groups?" A boy in my group, Ryan, asked.

"Nothing." I muttered, looking at the worksheet that was passed out.

"Were you trying to get switched into that Luke kid's group?" He continued.

"No, now let's get started." I said, a bit of annoyance in my voice.

The rest of the group started busily working at last and I didn't have to answer anymore dumb questions, at least for a little bit.

"Was that the kid that tried to off himself?" Thomas whispered to Ryan.

My jaw clenched and I tried my hardest not to say anything and thankfully, I didn't. I glanced over at Luke, who looked like he was ignoring both Addison and Cole's questions.

"Yeah, I heard he tried to hang himself." Ryan asked.

"No he didn't!" I exclaimed, looking at Ryan.

I hadn't realized how loud I'd shouted that, until I saw the rest of the class looking at both me and Ryan. Ryan went back to working silently and so did I.

The only voice I could hear was Addison's and she was talking to Luke about what happened after he attempted. Cole would laugh every once in a while and it made me sick. Luke was staying silent, but I could tell he didn't like what situation he was in.

"Addison, lay off." A girl from my group, Rose, said.

I turned to her and smiled, earning a smile back from her. I haven't really talked to her before, but I guess she got the idea that I cared about Luke and what Addison was saying was wrong.

Eventually, all of the groups finished and we turned in our assignments. The bell rang to leave the classroom and I found Luke before I left.

"Hey, everything okay?" I asked.

"I wanna go home." He said.

"Luke, only a couple more periods-"

"No, Jasmin. It's only been one period and I've already been thoroughly interrogated. It's just like before." He said, voice shaking.

I stayed silent as he walked away from me, and walked straight up to the office.

》》》

i anticipated that this would be longer but it wasn't and i'm sad so i'm sorry for the short chapter )):

anyway hope ya liked! (:

NEWS !!

From now on, You're My Cure chapters will be up every FRIDAY! because everyone likes Fridays yay!