sixteen ≫ floor two.

I cracked open my eyes and was blinded by the sun that was blaring through my window. My sheets were completely covering me and I smiled from being so comfortable. I was in that state of almost awake but not really sleeping anymore, and I could hear my mom talking to someone downstairs.

"Oh, that's a shame... Yeah, she'll probably be over soon... She's asleep right now, is he available to talk?" I heard my mom saying.

She was obviously on the phone with someone, but I couldn't really figure out who it was. I rolled over to look at the clock that was on my dresser and groaned because it said 3:45 p.m. You can't really blame me for sleeping in - I was at the hospital with Luke until about 6 in the morning. To be honest, I don't even remember coming home last night.

Which reminds me, I'm going to see Luke today during visiting hours.

"Mom!" I yelled.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and she came into my room, still talking on the phone.

"Hey, Jasmin. I'm on the phone with Luke's mom. She's unpacking Luke's belongings with him and she was wondering if you wanted to talk to him?" She smiled.

I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face as I reached out for the phone. I cleared my throat to get rid of my morning voice and laid back in bed, watching my mom leave the room.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey, Jasmin. Did you just wake up?" I heard Luke smile on the other end.

I laughed and cleared my throat again.

"Is my morning voice really that noticeable?"

"Yeah. But it's adorable, don't worry about it."

I sighed and got up out of my comfortable bed to go change. It was a lazy Sunday, thankfully, so all I put on was a loose tank top and some shorts.

"Y'know I'm coming over today, right?" I said.

"I hoped so, when I walked in it was like this place got drearier. There's a new kid that took my room, apparently, so I'm not in room 173 anymore. I'm in room 293, which means I'm on floor two." He sighed.

"Oooh, so I get to use the elevator, how fancy." I said, sarcastically.

"Yeah, so fancy for a mental hospital, huh?" He chuckled.

I made my way into the bathroom to finish getting ready and our conversation basically died. We both weren't talking, but, it was just nice to know the other was there, I guess. After a while, I heard Luke writing and erasing and I chuckled lightly.

"What?" He said.

I shrugged but remembered that he couldn't actually see me and then laughed again at myself.

"What?" He laughed.

"Nothing, are you writing?" I asked.

"Yeah, a new song. I really like this one, actually." He said, proudly.

"What's it called?" I said.

I loved the fact that Luke wrote songs while he was in the mental institution. It took his mind off things which was good, because if I was stuck in there with nothing to do, I think I'd go insane.

"I don't have a name yet, actually. When you come over today I'll show you the parts I have written!" He exclaimed.

I laughed at his eagerness and walked out of the bathroom and back to my room. Sitting down at my desk, I glanced at the window in which Luke climbed in and out of before and sighed again.