ten ≫ getting the band back.

Jasmin's POV.

When my mom explained to me that the only day I could visit Luke was Friday, I was happy at first. Now that it's been over three weeks, I'm not so sure I can deal with only Friday.

Most of the reason I want, or need, to see Luke is because he's now officially my boyfriend. It feels great to say that, except for the fact that it's started to circulate around school.

Apparently, when Luke wasn't admitted into Canyon Ridge, not only was he depressed, but also suicidal. He told me last Friday that he's attempted at least three times. Somehow, kids from school found out that he tried to end it the first time and all he got was more shit from them, rumors were started, and that's what led him to try again. The third time was just before he was admitted.

I don't think I would have ever had guessed Luke was like this from the way he was when we were just mere classmates. How could he be smiling and blushing at me one day and the next be trying to take his own life?

Anyway, the fact that Luke and I are now a thing is going around school now, and it's making me feel so horrible. Kids that I've never even seen before would come up to me and ask,

"So you're dating the insane kid?" and "Are you only dating him out of pity? Probably."

It's terrible. All they know about him are the incidences in the past. Most of the time, I just ignore them. Then, there was one kid who got on my last nerve.

"Why're you dating that kid? He's probably planning to kill you, you better watch out."

It was Justin Harries, the jock of the school. Everyone's pretty sure he's taking every steroid known to man, and he's also the biggest jerk you'll ever meet. He laughed when he said that to me. Now, I already hated the guy because he's naturally a dick, but this pushed me over the edge. I literally screamed at him in the hallway, Josie had to calm me down by tugging me to the next class. I was the angriest I've been in a long time. That happened last week, on a Wednesday.

Luke doesn't know about any of the things being said about him, which I'm thankful for. If he knew, I don't know what would happen. The rest of his band, or friends, know though. Michael's talked to me about it plenty of times.

"Jasmin!" Michael yells, interrupting my thoughts.

I snap my head up from the desk and look around. The classroom was empty, I guess I was thinking too much to notice or hear everyone leave.

"Were you sleeping?" He laughed.

I shook my head and laughed with him. I stood up and gripped the strap of my backpack, slinging it over my shoulder.

"You're lucky I waited for you, or else you probably would've slept here all night." He joked.

"Yeah, sure. Don't act like you've never fallen asleep in class before." You retorted.

"Don't get sassy with me, Ms. Grumpypants." He chuckled.

I playfully hit his shoulder and things got quiet, because no one was really at school anymore.

"So.. How's Luke?" Michael asked.

"What do you mean? I thought you went to see him last week." I asked.

"Well, I did. But, I don't know. He only really opens up to you."

I smiled at the thought but quickly wiped the smiled off my face. I didn't want Michael feeling bad because Luke is his best friend, and his best friend won't even open up to him, which must feel pretty crappy.

"Y'know, even though he acts all 'cured' around you, he's far from it. The only thing I do know is that you do help him, so maybe if you keep visiting him, he'll be able to actually open up around me and the other boys." Michael said.