five ≫ visiting.

"Okay mom, I'm going out to go shopping with my friends! I'll be back around 9 or 10, I have my phone if you need me." I shouted from downstairs.

I was finally ready to see Luke, after about two hours of getting ready. I hope my mom doesn't ask any questions. My parents are kind of strict about the whole dating thing, and they wouldn't like the fact that I'm going to see a boy. Especially a boy that's stuck in a mental hospital.

"Okay, see you then! Have fun, don't get into trouble." She shouted back at me.

Yes! I was through the first 'barrier'. The second one was getting through the doctors and nurses. Hopefully they let me in.

I walked by the mirror on the way to the door and surveyed myself. I was wearing my Green Day shirt as promised, along with skinny black jeggings. I had my high-top black chucks on, along with a black Neff beanie. I'd made sure to load up my phone with plenty of music for the whole day, and I was bringing my iHome, because it'll project the music better.

I left the mirror and unlocked the door, walked outside, closed and locked the door, and walked to my car. I didn't have anything special, just a blue Honda civic. I got into my car and sat down the iHome in the passengers seat, where it won't fall. I put my key in the ignition and started it, and pulled up maps on my phone. I copy and pasted the address Luke sent me and found directions to the building. It actually wasn't too far away, maybe about half an hour. That gives me half an hour to think about how I'm going to first approach Luke.

I started to drive and at the same time, started to think about what to greet him with. Do I play it off like we've been life-long friends and go for a hug? Do I act like it's our first time meeting and slightly wave and smile?

Over skype, Luke made most of the conversation. He was really talkative, which leads me to believe that he'll be the same way in real life. So, I'm just going to rely on him to make the conversation, since I'm not that much of a conversationalist myself.

Before I knew it, I was pulling into the parking lot of Canyon Ridge Hospital, where Luke was staying. I could feel my heart beating in my chest faster than before, and my palms were sweaty. I found a great parking spot and pulled into it, managing a great park job. I sat in the car for a while longer, just to gather my thoughts. I felt terrified, but at the same time, ecstatic to be there. It's like the feeling you get when you're on the very top of a drop on a roller coaster. I took a deep breath and looked in the rearview mirror, checking my teeth and face. This was it.

》》》》》

"Hello! What can I do for you?" The lady at the front desk said.

After being scolded at for bringing an iHome with me by security and bringing it all the way back to my car, I finally got let in with my phone only. Apparently I'm 'lucky' because the security guard was letting my phone slip, since they aren't normally allowed. I managed to tell the lady that I was here to see someone, and that I wasn't family. She smiled at me and handed me a form, for me to fill out. She was behind a sort of desk-table thing, and behind her, was a door. It looked like the room behind her was a sort of games room, because I saw people playing checkers and chess. When I took a quick glance, I saw a boy reading a book in the corner. It resembled Luke.

I took another deep breath and went to sit down to fill out the form.

Ward of patient: Juvenile.

Name: Jasmin.

Age: 16.

Relationship to patient: Friend.

I peeled off the sticker that the lady gave me off of its plastic backing, and stuck it to my shirt. I had to wear it the whole time, she told me. Once I was done filling out the form, I had to wait for someone from the ward to walk me to Luke's room. I watched a young looking woman come through one of the doors and motion to me, so I sat up and followed her through the same door she came out of. The hallways were lit up with bright lights, but not bright enough for the hospital to seem normal. This place was supposed to help people with depression but it feels like it would induce it if I were here.