thirty ≫ a music video.

"Jasmin!" My mom called.

I jolted my head up from the desk I was currently laying my head down on- okay, maybe I was trying to fall asleep- and turned to face my door.

I answered loudly. "What?"

"Phone," she started, as I rubbed the indents on my face made by the book I was supposed to be studying on, but was drifting off on, "some girl named Emma?"

What could Emma want? I cleared my throat and got up from my seat, stumbling a bit; dazed from my almost-nap. "Be there in a second!"

I made my clumsy way downstairs and managed to grab the phone out of my mom's hand when I reached her.

"Emma?" I asked, running a hand through my tangled hair.

"Yeah, hey Jasmin! Calum's here," I heard a muffled greeting from Calum, "and a package just came to the door and we think it's the cd's!"

My stomach flopped with excitement as Emma continued to ask if she could come over by herself. I ran back upstairs, into my room, and shut the door.

"Why just you?" I asked.

She hesitated. "Well.. it's just that, with the videos I got of the boys, and the fact that the music is here now.."

I immediately smiled, I'd completely forgot she was the one filming the entire time. For the planned music video, if you remember. If you couldn't remember, I do video editing and was planning to make their first music video.

"Right! You got Heartbreak Girl on video, right?" I asked.

She confirmed it, and we chatted a bit more until she finally decided to come over. I said bye to her, to Calum, and then hung up, waiting for the doorbell to ring.

I stuck my head out of my doorway. "Emma's coming over!"

My parents didn't usually care all that much if it was a girl coming over, which was strange. But it was helpful in situations like these.

As I sat down on my bed I stared down at my cellphone that was metaphorically burning a hole in my hand.

Luke has not texted me at all today.

I know it could just be because he's busy but I can't help thinking.. what if he knows? About Michael and I? About our little- maybe little is the wrong word- kiss.

I know I said previously that I'd tell him about the incident but I can't help thinking that wouldn't be wise. Not now, anyway. He's still not completely better, if you want to put it that way.

Emma ringing the doorbell interrupted my thoughts and I silently thanked her. It pained me to think about talking to Luke about that.

I rushed down the stairs and towards the door and opened it, to see a smiling Emma. She had her golden-blonde hair up in a ponytail and was wearing a large sweater and leggings. In her hands were her small video camera and one of the EP's.

She walked through the doorway and hugged me immediately. "I'm so excited, we've never really hung out alone before." She said.

It sounded strange but it really wasn't. It was true- we'd never spent alone time together. And ever since I met her I wanted to get to know her; I think she felt the same way.

"I think we'll all be good friends, you, me, and Annabelle.. What happened to Josie?" She asked me as we walked up the stairs.

My cheeks got red thinking about why Josie wasn't around, and why her and Michael broke up in the first place. "I have no idea." I lied.