fifteen ≫ relapse.

"Jasmin.." My mom said quietly, putting her hand on my knee.

I was slumped over in a creaky hospital chair and I couldn't stop bobbing my knee up and down, which was apparently annoying my mom. I was so nervous and scared. I kept replaying what had just happened an hour ago in my head. Driving up to the bridge, seeing Luke for what I thought was the last time, and watching him fall to the water. The whole scene wouldn't stop replaying over and over in my head and it was driving me crazy.

I looked up at the clock on the wall of the hospital and sighed. We've all been sitting in the waiting room for an hour and a half. 'We' as in: my mom, Luke's mom, Calum, Ashton, Michael, a few of Luke's family members, and me. There were a lot of people, but no one was talking. We were all waiting for the doctor to come back from Luke's room.

By now, I was completely drained of tears. I was still hurting immensely, I just couldn't cry anymore. I was numb.

"Mrs. Hemmings?" A doctor said, walking in from one of the halls.

Everyone's head darted to the doctor and we all paid very close attention to what he had to say.

"Luke is alive and awake with a lot of damage. Only family members may see him." The doctor stated.

I slumped back into my chair and, though I thought it impossible, started to cry again. Luke is awake and I can't even see him. I watched as the doctor pulled aside Luke's mom and started to talk to her, and I could barely hear what they were saying.

"We think it's best for Luke if he comes back to Canyon Ridge. He obviously was in no shape to be released. He'll be admitted the day he's released from this hospital."

While the doctor was saying this, all Luke's mom did was nod her head multiple times. I, on the other hand, was still bawling my eyes out. Luke's going to be furious because he was just released and now he has to go back, not even a year after.

"Hey, Jasmin, everything's going to be okay." Michael said.

He was sitting next to me, and thankfully he was okay with me leaning on him for support. He's been my shoulder to cry on, literally. Michael was so understanding about the whole thing and it was really helpful. Calum and Ashton were both pretty spooked and haven't spoken a word to any of us.

"Wait, do you think you could make an exception for Jasmin?" I heard Luke's mom say.

I lifted up my head to see Luke's mom talking to the doctor as they were walking to where I presumed Luke's room was. I couldn't help but smile at her because out of everyone in the room, she chose me. Unfortunately, the doctor wasn't buying it.

"Please? She's practically family already, and if she won't get to see her own boyfriend I think she'll be heartbroken." She continued.

The doctor thought about it for only a few seconds before he waved his hand over as a sign that I can come. I got up out of my seat as quickly as I could and ran over to Liz and the doctor. It was creepy walking through the halls of a hospital at one in the morning, but knowing that I was going to see the boy I love alive and okay in a couple seconds made the fear go away. We turned a corner and another corner until we finally reached a room.

"You go first, Jasmin. He'll want to see you." Liz said.

I thanked her and opened the door to the room. A giant grin was plastered on my face as I saw a peaceful Luke resting his eyes. He was hooked up to a couple machines and he was in the usual 'hospital patient' attire, but he was safe, and that's all that mattered. The doctor said he had suffered from a lot of damage, but there wasn't anything visually wrong to me.