twenty-three ≫ somewhere new.

I walked up to the same old lady that snapped at Michael and sighed.

"Are you positive that Luke is on floor two?" I said, as calmly and sweetly as possible.

I honestly did not believe he was transferred again. They wouldn't, that's not how things work here. She must be confused.

She glared at me and just shoved the floor plans of floor two in front of me. I looked around it and didn't even see a Luke Hemmings, she must be confused or something.

"Uhm, excuse me, he's not on this floor. I don't see him."

If looks could kill, I'd be dead due to her. She had the meanest scowl on her face; it's not like I was doing anything wrong, I was just trying to find my boyfriend. She pointed at a spot on the map that said 'Luke, Bryan'. She must have been going by last name, which would make sense. I let out a sigh of relief louder than I'd expected it to be.

"Oooh... no, we were looking for Luke Hemmings. Or, 'Hemmings, Luke'. We didn't know you went by last names, I'm terribly sorry.." I shrugged.

She just kept glaring at me and handed me two stickers. I knew two wasn't enough for all of us, but I really just didn't want to bother her again. She'd probably rip my head off if I asked for anything else.

I walked back over to my friends and handed Ashton the sticker seeing as he actually had to see Annabelle too.

"It was a name mix-up. She didn't give me more than two, sorry guys."

They all shrugged and kept talking amongst themselves as Ashton and I walked through the doors leading to the hallway. It didn't take long before Ashton found Annabelle and I watched them hug, smiling. I turned to look for Luke, and he was right where he usually was, sitting right by his door. He never really was doing anything; he literally was sitting there doing nothing but staring down the hallway. Well, until he saw me.

"Hey!" I smiled.

He smiled back and hugged me, lightly kissing my forehead.

"Ready to go?" I asked, holding his hand.

"Yeah, totally. Is um.. is Ashton staying with Annabelle, or.."

Luke pointed at Ashton and Annabelle sitting on the floor smiling and giggling. I felt bad for having to take Ashton away from his little crush, but they had to record.

"Ashton, we gotta go."

He turned to look at me with a small frown and then turned to Annabelle, probably saying that he has to leave. They were standing now; he was holding her hand as he kept saying that he wished that he could stay. I almost gasped as I saw her grab Ashton's face and kiss it quickly, before hugging him. He waved goodbye to her finally and walked over to us with the biggest smile on his face. Luke and I didn't say anything, but we glanced at each other smiling, because we knew what that felt like. To stumble into love little by little.

》》》》》

Now, it was only Josie, Emma, and I in a separate room. There was a giant glass window, though, where we could look through and see the boys recording. It was a small room, with only one microphone. They were recording the vocals for their songs, because they already managed to get through the instrumental for the songs. They hadn't started yet, so all four boys were squished onto one tiny couch.

"We have really cool boyfriends." Josie stated.

All three of us laughed and agreed; it was true, to me at least. I turned to Emma and smiled.

"So, Emma.. we know, like, nothing about you."

She nodded in agreement and looked up as if she was thinking.