Closure

D

"H-hey, Jema..."

With all my guts and lost confidence I was able to call her name.

She turned around and looked at me. This is not the ideal place, just the hallway.

"Yeah..." I can hear her sad voice.

"C-can we talk?" I'm trying to hold my tears.

I don't want her to see me crying.

She paused. I just stared at her. I don't know if she's trying to keep herself from breaking down, but, God, I know this woman, every inch of her.

I just wanna hug her tight and make everything all right. But, I just can't. I know I am the reason for her sad eyes.

"S-sure, Deanna..." she called my name, and I will never deny it, my heart is jumping and crying at the same time.

I miss her calling my name...

"Can we still fix this?" I still want this relationship.

I still want to fight for it no matter how much pain it would take.

I'm not ready to lose her, never in my entire life.

"I'm so s-sorry, Deanna." and there I saw her tears ran down on her left eye.

She's still trying to hold herself up.

"Please, Jema, can you stay? I'll make it up to you everyday." I'm desperate.

But, I know, no words can make her stay.

"I-I love you, Deanna. You know that." we're both silently crying, trying to hold ourselves up.

I know she's leaving...

I just nod. I can't utter any words anymore.

"I can't stay, Deanna. I'm too hurt, we're too hurt to stay still together..."

And she turned her back and walked away.

I know I lost her forever.